Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a stock headunit from a 98 3.2TL work in a G2 Legend if I take just the headunit and add rockford fosgate amps? I like the fact that its a cd player and tape deck.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
it should. all the honda's have the same wiring so i'm assuming it will. all you need to do is get the output for the speakers and make sure the power and remote wires connect correctly.
it'll be a good thing to try if you have the deck.
-j

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that info Jae, the reason I ask is because a friend of mines has a TL and is thinking of getting an aftermarket headunit and I was thinking of taking the stock one off of his hands and throw it in the legend.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Triton3K said:
Thanks for that info Jae, the reason I ask is because a friend of mines has a TL and is thinking of getting an aftermarket headunit and I was thinking of taking the stock one off of his hands and throw it in the legend.
Why not carefully install it instead of throwing it in?
That's how people get hurt, you know.

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
jose3030 said:

Why not carefully install it instead of throwing it in?
That's how people get hurt, you know.
lol Jose :D "who is yo daddy and what does hedo" ?

·
Old S*hool Member
2,218 Posts
is the head unit a standard double din like the legends or is it that angled frame like the newer TLs?

do you have a pic of the head unit?

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Octane said:
is the head unit a standard double din like the legends or is it that angled frame like the newer TLs?

do you have a pic of the head unit?
I believe they are the standard double din.

G

·
When I had my 97 TL I added an eclipse amp (200W) w/ a 10" sub and a Sony Xplod ES Deck and all I can say is WOW! the 9 speake system (w/ the added) sub sounded sooooooo great... The stock speakers on the TL were the BEST I ever heard...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts