Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My car is a 1992 Legend Sedan with 89k on it.

I got my Eibach Springs in the garage, waiting to get put on, but I was going to buy Konis as well.

I'm getting a bit ancy and want to get my car lowered! hehe. I'm only lowering it an inch.

I was just wondering if I would blow my stock shocks (they are 10 yrs old), or if I would be fine.

Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Umm, Yes.

The stock shocks have been thru 10 years, that's a normal life. Then shocks pistons will go thru a harsh "dropped" condition, that will surely kill them. A civic with only 2 years on the stock shocks was later dropped 1.5 inches, then the stock shocks blew after 6 months of "normal" driving. Plus, pay for the installation once. Why pay to put on new springs on and then pay later to do that same job again?

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
I did it with no problems....about 1 year on my 91...pics available on my website under "NOPI Pix"

Option is on you...do you want to be adjustable?

Are you SURE that 1" is enough for you?

Be forewarned that the front will be higher than the rear...and unless labor is on your time and patience, you don't want to pay for this twice. So, if you plan on going with the Koni's in your future...wait and do it all at once.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

Cool, Thanks for your input guys! It's appreciated!

I'll just wait for my konis!! :)

thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts