Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
LeGeNdZ_4_LiFe said:
ooooooooh yeah...Dv8 has done it consistently.....but you will have to guess his secrets...can't give away the WHOLE recipe ;)
6 mice, 4 rabbits, 2 hamsters, and 1 parakeet. :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
who is dv8??

i would seriously like to know what i can do to my legend to make it run 13's....nobody in kc believes it can be done..:D

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
ha yeah it can be done man anything u want can be done with enough money. Just port and polish the heads get oversided pistons a huge shot of nos some intake exhaust pullys a bigger cam some dif. gears anyhing is possible.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Actually Cody, DV8 Did it with a Type II engine, nitrous, standard intake/exuast combo, stage II chip and an MSD ignition system... Mostly bolt-on mods... (DV8, my apologies if I missed something there)

I plan on breaking 13's n/a this summer or next summer if I run into money limitiations... :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
total...what did all the performance mods cost you??

just wondering what neighborhood i am lookin at if i want to run 13's...

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Umm.. This has been, so far, a 2+ year work in progress. I am not sure if I can remember all the prices exactly plus some will be out of date. None of these include installation/labor costs, I did everything myself (except for the tranny rebuild)

* RM Racing Intake - $200
* Port and Polish intake, heads & exaust - $325 for gaskets and seals
$25 for P&P Kit from Summit racing
* Bayou Performance Stage II Chip - $300
* Stromung Exaust - $325
* Pro-Torque High-Stall torque converter - $400
* Level 10 Performance Stage 3 Auto Trani Rebuild- $302 for kit
$1900 for rebuilt
* B&M 8"x10"x1.75" Transmission Cooler - $60
* Koni Struts (1" drop) - group buy with eibacjs ($825 I THINK)
* Eibach Springs Pro Kit (1" drop)
* Ingalls Camber kit (front) - $125
* Brembo Cross-Drilled Rotors (all 4 corners) - $225 - $275 (can't remmer)

But I am not running 13's with that setup... YET... :D

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I don't know... long story ... prior to my chip, high-stall torque and trani rebuild I was running 15.46, I got the chip and before I had a chance to run it the tranni was acting up.. by time I got the work done on the tranni and everything it was too late to race it officially at the track (Closed for winter). I did GTech runs and pulled consistently 14.4's but the GTech reads high. So If I would have to guess I would say between 14.6 and 14.9 I would currently be running. I will find out for certain in April when the track opens back up.

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
The Gtech does tend to be optimistic, but NickD, I'd say you're easily into the 14s.

My goal is to get into the 14s all motor. Maybe a torque convertor upgrade is in my future if the headers don't get me there.

- ek

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Yeah, I am certain I am in the 14's. I was turning 15.46 before the torque converter, tranny rebuild and chip. Ignoring the chip the torque converter along add 1/2 - 1 second in the 1/4, which is what I have read in many numerous articles concerning high-stall torque convertes. Right there, .5 seconds get's me to 14.96 assuming my chip added no power, had no effect on the shifting and the performance tranny rebuild has no eeffect :) So I am well into the 14's... Can't wait to take her out on the track...

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
DV8 is fast. I wasnt guessing what he had i was just suggesting a few things. Also when u got the heads ported and polished how did it feel? i was righly thinking of doing this so tell he mow it is thanks.I got alot of questions for NickD u so email me at [email protected] when u can thnks.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Well I'm hoping to join you guys in breaking some quick times. Here's what I'm going to have for summer:

currently installed:
- Custom 2.5" stainless-steel exhaust system w/ no cats
- Large custom K&N filter intake
- Stage III Clustchmasters clutch (on my 6-speed tranny :D )

to be installed:
- Bayou Stage II
- Apexi SAFC
- 75 shot NOS
- and Headers (hoping to have a set made next week)
- engine internals: port & polish, upgraded valves, pistons, etc (don't think I can get this squeezed this summer, only so much $$ I can spend in a year)

Of course I gotta do some research into some good drag radials which I'll put onto my stock GS rims.

I'm hoping the 6-speed tranny would make a big difference in time, but it means I gotta get my shifts perfect as they can make a great impact, especially on controlling tire spin as DV8 ragaurds as a very important factor.

I'm actually hoping that I can break the 13s ALL MOTOR with the headers, at least get close.

Let's let everyone know the Legend is a damn beast!!! :D

G:

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Ok running 13's took a long while, i remember when three of us back in the day were competeing for the forum title; me, Zol and Depreist. I havent heard anything out of the other two latley, Zol's seem to go show with his baddass newly bodykitted legend and Gary's still messing around with his Turbo race car that he probably hasent had any time to take his other coupe to the track.

Anyway's Two weeks ago it seemed like busting 13's was so easy that i wondered why it took us all so long to crack open a 13.9.

Obiously Traction is the key---thats all i will say to anyone. All my secret mods are mostly technique.

If you dont think Traction is a problem then i suggest selling your legend and nos kit and live in a cave somewhere.

I dont doubt with Nick D level of mods he wont turn a 14 second time however a 13 sec run N/A is going to need so heavy Mods and or weight reduction.

Im on the virge of breaking a 14 without NOS but have come down to one NOn nos run of 15.23 2 weeks ago. Zol busted out a 14.9 with slicks a while back.

My mods are type II engine, Bayou chip, Custom CAI, Greddy Exhaust.
The SAFC was stolen before my 13.60 and 15.23, i will be readding it in the future.
The MSD ignitions have been pulled out and sold for many months now due to constant problems and no improvement in 1/4 mile times.

12.9 Nos is the new Goal im going for-if anyone i willing to join me this season at Sac raceway and starting april 3 at sears, i will try and make the weekly wed night apperance.

Anything else you want to know just ask

~Hybrid

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
All the best to you on that 12.9s! ;)

Amaze us once again!

G

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
I agree that traction is key. My 60' times are crappy. 2.6s. My trap speed is always above 89 MPH. I see other cars with trap speeds of that getting much better 1/4 times.

- ek

1 - 20 of 25 Posts