Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
It's gonna stick out. You need at least +42 offset, the higher the better, most people have +45, but +50 or above are the most ideal.

I have +51

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Easily will fit. I know for a fact. I ran 17 x 7.5 Racing Hart Type-Cs with a +40 offset and had only slight brushes in the rear (with 2 peeps in the back). Tires were 215-45.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TypeII

So TypeII u are saying it will fit? I thought if the rims were 17X7 the would be further inside the wheel well... Then with the +38 offset it would fill in the wheel well... Sort of like the 2 work against each other ( high offset and 7 inch width) but acheive the same result.. so with this setup I couldnt run 225/45/17??? would I have to run 215/45/17?? Also with the tire set up how low can I drop?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Re: TypeII

Thai.95LCoupe said:
So TypeII u are saying it will fit? I thought if the rims were 17X7 the would be further inside the wheel well... Then with the +38 offset it would fill in the wheel well... Sort of like the 2 work against each other ( high offset and 7 inch width) but acheive the same result.. so with this setup I couldnt run 225/45/17??? would I have to run 215/45/17?? Also with the tire set up how low can I drop?
You are right, the two specs are with no pun intended "offsetting each other" with a 7" with you can afford to go with a lower offset.

Running 215-45 tires is the way to go, you will get alittle more protection on the lip of the rims. Most people are running the same size tires on 7.5" wheels.

You should be able to drop it as low as you want, since the lower you go, the more the tires/wheel point inwards into the wheel wells.

A 1-1.5" drop is easily correctable to factory specs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts