1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Xb*x L*v*: * 40 *u*c* *
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
In my opinion..blk rims are not played out..it just dont go with every car/truck or color..and If you get rims on a truck...20's are too small...i say get some nice looking 22's/24's a good looking silver finish....and a nice lip..and youll be good..

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
You're right, they aren't played out completely...but they are played out if it isn't a good coordination...since black wheels used to be cool on everything...gun metal before that...remember the gun metal craze?
lol..yea....i remember I had painted my gsr rims gunmetal...lol...but as long as you get a good style rims..right size..and if its a colored wheel that it goes good with the car..he should be good...

·
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well see the thing is, i dont want to have these huge rims and nothing for tread, i was thinking 20's with a slight drop so it doesn't look ridiculously gigantic. but i do like the wheels on that sight, maybe you guys could recommend something that would look better?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
IMHO those wheels would not look all that nice on a 4runner. I think a nice set of 17's on some 31" ish allterrains would really set it off. I have never really been a fan of big wheels on 4runners, they just dont really seem to fit. But in the end, as long as you think it looks good then thats all that matters- you are the one who has to drive it

·
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah.. i dont want some huge wheels like treads or rims.. i want something that looks good. personally i think 20's with a decent amount of tread would look good. i dont want anything too flashy but i want something that looks good.

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
how bout you try a nice silver faced 20" wheel? tire size around 255/50/20...

·
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
20in wheel will probably be 9in wide? 255's wont cut it. I'm thinking more like 275's thats what i ran on my 20's on my truck! they were 9in wide.
I currently run and have run for over 2 yrs now, 255/50/20 on my 20x9's on my Infiniti without issue, and thats with me driving it like I stole it, constantly foot to gas, foot to brake, no issues....

I've hit corners harder in that truck than in my Legend, with ZERO tire squeal or rub....these are Nitto NT450 or 555's I forget... GREAT summer/rain tires....snow, eh....I'd advise against it...

When I replace them at the end of the summer I plan to get 265/50/20, just because I want some more meat on my tires for pothole avoidance...

if you go 275, get 275/45/20....

·
Banned
14,938 Posts
I currently run and have run for over 2 yrs now, 255/50/20 on my 20x9's on my Infiniti without issue, and thats with me driving it like I stole it, constantly foot to gas, foot to brake, no issues....

I've hit corners harder in that truck than in my Legend, with ZERO tire squeal or rub....these are Nitto NT450 or 555's I forget... GREAT summer/rain tires....snow, eh....I'd advise against it...

When I replace them at the end of the summer I plan to get 265/50/20, just because I want some more meat on my tires for pothole avoidance...

if you go 275, get 275/45/20....
thats what i had 275/45's...

i guess i just like more meet, the tire being wide on the rim and not skinny. hence running 225/50's on the GS wheels and 235/40's on my 18's....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.