Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for an assortment of parts. Thought I would try this new section out:

1. OEM cat (type II) preferably no rust! OR...
Does anyone have a suggestion about a good affordable aftermarket cat for typeII's? I've never used aftermarket cats before, let alone high-flow's. I'm not sure how to even install a high flow. :confused:

2. OEM belts (New) Just checking the forums to see if anyone has these lying around. Specifically need TB/tensioner but might as well replace them all right!

3. OEM thermostat (New) Also just checking to see if anyone has one lying around!

4. OEM Hoses (New) Any cooling system hoses that people might have.

5. OEM WP gasket (New) This one's a reach, but what the hey?! :lol:

6. OEM Coolant Temp Sensor (New). Anyone know who the OEM manufacturer is?

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for an assortment of parts. Thought I would try this new section out:

1. OEM cat (type II) preferably no rust! OR...
Does anyone have a suggestion about a good affordable aftermarket cat for typeII's? I've never used aftermarket cats before, let alone high-flow's. I'm not sure how to even install a high flow. :confused:
FYI....high flow cats are like a 1/3 of the length of an OEM cat. So an exhaust shop will have to weld in piping before and after the cat to make it fit.

HOWEVER....IMO, once you start messing with the cat, you're gonna end up doing the whole exhaust! what's your current setup?

but they are cheap...Magnaflow high flow cats are about $50 shipped off eBay. All you need to worry about is the inlet size...they have everything from 2" to 4"

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FYI....high flow cats are like a 1/3 of the length of an OEM cat. So an exhaust shop will have to weld in piping before and after the cat to make it fit.

HOWEVER....IMO, once you start messing with the cat, you're gonna end up doing the whole exhaust! what's your current setup?

but they are cheap...Magnaflow high flow cats are about $50 shipped off eBay. All you need to worry about is the inlet size...they have everything from 2" to 4"
Current setup is what she left Saitama with....bone stock:p I would love to do a Stromung and would have if all my Legend $'s weren't being poured into this right now!

EDIT: Yea I'm debating whether to do a cheap high-flow and spend money at the exhaust shop for welding or just get an aftermarket cat to throw on for now and worry about high flow when I have a decent exhaust to go with it???

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if your goals are performance, I'd go with a high flow cat installed at an exhaust shop. aftermarket cats are expensive...from $150 to $300+!

Acura Legend Catalytic Converter - Bosal, DEC, Diversified Environmental Cat., Magnaflow, Walker - 1995, 1994, 1993, 1992, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1988, 1987

I think a high flow cat and welding the additional piping would def be cheaper. the advantage of an aftermarket cat is that you could install it yourself
Well I'm about to step out and meet up with a few buddies for some Scotch...guess I'll have to think it over then! :yes:

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have a nearly new H2O pump if you're interested. For Type II motor. I decided to do a TB change on my Type II back when I first got it and when I took it all apart I could see that it had all been changed recently. I changed it anyway. Probably less than 10K miles on this pump. Kept it as a spare. let me know? Email: [email protected] for the quickest response. I don't check on here everyday. Also have nearly new TB & tensioner from same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.