Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
READY TO FIX THIS ERATIC TACH NEEDLE . IF ANYBODY HAS ONE AVAILABLE PLEASE LET ME KNOW . TYPEII

·
Registered
619 Posts
yea it will work no difference's

·
Dont Catch
4,408 Posts
are you sure its your throttle body? unless your plate or throttle reel is physically broken... the throttle body isnt the reason for erratic idle.

if it revs up and down when its cold for a good 2 mins or so... then you should bleed your cooling system out... also check the FITV on the back of the intake manifold... and also clean out your IACV

·
Dont Catch
4,408 Posts
its a common problem..

most people on this board will just tell you to keep bleeding your cooling system because the erratic idle is because of air bubbles trapped inside the system.

it could also mean that you have a bad FITV...

but those are the two things to look at.

·
Dont Catch
4,408 Posts

on the back of the intake manifold... do you see that big round thing? your type II will not have this but. the FITV is to the right of it... its not shown in the picture but thats where it would be... type I or type II doesnt matter.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
THANKS YOU'VE BEEN GREAT HELP . BUT............IS THERE ANY WAY YOU CAN CIRCLE THE CORRECT PART . I'M NOT TO MECANICALLY INCLINE . IF NOT I GUESS I FIGURE IT OUT . OR FIND SOMEONE ELSE THATS AS HELPFUL AS YOU . THANKS AGAIN

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks again you've been great help . i found a throttle body for $30 shipped ,so i will try that first then i will change this part if needed

1 - 20 of 21 Posts