Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the G1 Coupe's power system handle Xenon bulbs?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah

Yah, HIDs. I forgot what you call them. I just refer to them as Xenon.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Re: yah

RedSun106 said:
Yah, HIDs. I forgot what you call them. I just refer to them as Xenon.
I've seen a dude by the name of James S w/ them, they definitely look very good, but as they always say, it's always better to get HIDs for a housing designed for HIDs'..... which neither our G1's nor our G2's are designed for.

However, anything is better than the rinky dinky pep boys bulbs. :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
HID LIGHTING SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!

I've heard nothing but good things about the HID lighting systems on G2 legends. I plan on up grading to a 9004 HID system for my G1 coupe ( I might upgrade the high beams to HID as well since the low and high beams are 9004 ). Also Sylvania makes a HID driving lamp system and if all goes well I plan on adding that system as well so hopefully ALL OF MY HEADLIGHTS WILL HID. I read that HID systems use only 35 watts of power where as the stock system uses almost twice as much power and the HID system puts out a much brighter and whiter beam than stock and it last 3 times or more longer. :)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yah

Yah, I was at Checker today and I saw some 9004 HIDs and was wondering if they'd work on my G1 Coupe. According to Bigs I can. Where did you read that they use only 35 watts of power (half of what stock uses)?

·
Registered
864 Posts
I was thinkin about gettin some tru hid's for my car. i heard they are supposed to 'outlast the life of your car' and that was about the newer cars!
how much (if possible with housing issues) would it cost you think?

-bryan

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I just ordered some HID's for my G2 from autolamps-online.com

I will definitely take tons of pics.

True, the G2 housing and G1 housing are different, but you should definitely go with the best off the bat.

Once I install them, I'll let you guys know and w/ pics.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Prices

The prices I saw at Checker were about $14/bulb.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i know for a fact that i saw them on HID4LESS.com so check that out and they have some good deals for the legends! they also sell them on ebay.com which i recently bought some on there for only $19 for a pair including shipping.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Oh, y'all talkin about the el-cheapo blue bulbs.
My bad. :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
TRU HID SYSTEMS!!!!!!!!

A true HID system is going to cost you $500 and up depending on manufacturer and where you purchase them from. The bulbls alone cost $120-over $200. Its almost impossible to get them for less. The system comes with evrything you are going to need to install it. You are going to need more than the bulbs. Go to www.procarparts.com, they have a TRUE HID system for G1 and G2 legends.:cool:

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Like Mr.Bigs said, a true H.I.D system (such as the ones in the BMWs, newer cars etc..) Will easily cost you $500-600 for the conversion. Each bulb usually ranges from $100-200. These are TRUE HID. The "want to be" HID lights are cheap, but give off a TOO BLUE effect. That instantly says "I've got illegal lights, give me a ticket". They're also not effective as real HIDs.

I've noticed so far, true H.I.Ds light up the floor like sunlight, however, when you look at them head on, they give off a camera's flash effect. Fake systems, look blue at all angles, are not as bright, and bother me when I look at them in the rear view mirror etc.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Thanks Mr Biggs and Future , u guys answered all my questions. how diff. will the instal be do u think? Im not into the imitation 'hyper HID' bulbs. And after i install this system, do u know if i can take it out when / if i sell my car? And put it in a newer one (a legend more then likely)???
thanks again. im gonna look into it more

-bryan

·
Registered
386 Posts
THE HID SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!

Most HID systems are plug and play systems. They install quickly and easily to your existing low beam system. If you have a G1 legend the low and high beams are 9004 ( at least for the 1990 models ) and if you ever decide to remove the system and try to install it on a G2 legend it may not work because the G2 legends have a different type of bulb I think it is a 9005 or 9006 I'm not sure. Since the bulbs are different than the harnesses maybe different as well. I would definitely check into it before you make a lasting decision. If their is anyone with a TRUE HID system on there G1 coupe or sedan could show some pics and let the rest of the G1 owners know how they perform?:cool:

·
Registered
864 Posts
thanks again biggs, the info is appreciated! :cool:

-bryan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts