Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does that look? I think I saw BadassLegend with that setup. Is it blinding to others or do they look like fogs? Can you run that continusly on high or will it cause problems? And is the High beam 9005 and the low is 9006, right?

·
Registered
541 Posts
They are highbeams? I thought they were fogs. My friend has a 86 Legend and it looks like she only has one sealed beam, so i guess her high beams are used on the same bulb. But she also has yellow lights next to the headlights. BUt they are wired into the fog light button. SO, does she have yellow fogs, or yellow high beams?

THey do blind you from behind though..

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
.................... on a G1, FOGS in the High Beam??

I know for the G2 they have those one piece. And I suppose you could change the high-beam bulb to a yellow one. That G1 thing is odd though, I don't think i've ever seen that.

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is odd. So, would runing the hi beams for a long period of time hurt anything in the car. Will it burn a harness or something like that ?

·
Registered
583 Posts
CakeDaddy said:
That is odd. So, would runing the hi beams for a long period of time hurt anything in the car. Will it burn a harness or something like that ?
IF the bulb is the same wattage, it won't create anymore heat than a stock High Beam Bulb that can be ran all the time (if you like people flashin at you :D ) without damage to ANYthing in the car. They designed it so you could do long runs at night.
NOW, if the beams your replacing are 85w and your putting in 100 or 110w, THERE IS a margin of safety built in, and IF you are NOT running them "all the time" you SHOULD be able to get buy with it. Keep in mind most states it's outlaw to run higher than stock wattage bulbs except off road.

MY TWO CENTS: (and you thought that was above)
Everyone runs the lowbeams A LOT more than hi's. So if your gonna play with your lights, do the lowbeams, they will be seen more and get more attention.

MY REALLY COOL LIGHT MOD:
Havn't done it yet, but have seen it done. You can take the entire housing out of the car and drill a small hole to attach a small (pick your color) light in the housing with the main bulb. Put it on it's own switch so it can be on when your crusing the lot, but can be switched off when "Jonny Law" comes pokin around. Seen 'em in green, red, purple, etc. They look pretty cool and when run with the lowbeams, they tint the light, or you can run them with just the parking lights and you have a dull colored light in your headlight. (easy to do, impressive mod)

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
These are 55 watt, bright as stock whites, and people really don't appreciate me leaving them on, even in the day it pisses people off. But, the real benefit of them is when they are off, my lenses are yellow in the day because of the gold lamps. It looks good going down the road, very good.

Attachments

·
OG Member
1,498 Posts
That's true it looks good during the day...you could see the yellow bulbs reflecting from the inside of your headlamps. Do you think maybe there's a way to aim them down so we don't blind people.

G

·
DSCLegend94 said:
That's true it looks good during the day...you could see the yellow bulbs reflecting from the inside of your headlamps. Do you think maybe there's a way to aim them down so we don't blind people.
Did he really just ask if there is a way to aim your high beams down? If you really like this look and you don't have HID's then get the One Piece lights.

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey, Takemorepills

What brand of bulbs are those? Are they considered gold or yellow. And do you ever have a problem running them continusly, burn outs, heat problem, etc... And, they are 9005 correct.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I forgot the name of them. They have a yellow coating, they are 55 watts, and I have had them a year now. They work fine, no problems. I am familiar with cheaper hi-watt bulbs that burn things up. I will check and see where you can get them.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Ooopps, they are called "show bulb", they are higher wattage. It has been so long since I installed them. But they are good lamps, I think they run a little cooler and are much brighter than blue colored lamps. Here is the link: http://www.lightlens.com/bulbs.htm

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Bukowski=Legend said:

MY REALLY COOL LIGHT MOD:
Havn't done it yet, but have seen it done. You can take the entire housing out of the car and drill a small hole to attach a small (pick your color) light in the housing with the main bulb. Put it on it's own switch so it can be on when your crusing the lot, but can be switched off when "Jonny Law" comes pokin around. Seen 'em in green, red, purple, etc. They look pretty cool and when run with the lowbeams, they tint the light, or you can run them with just the parking lights and you have a dull colored light in your headlight. (easy to do, impressive mod)
Ok son u lost me, what are u doing to the headlights? drilling a hole where? and then u put another light in the assembly? any illustrations?

·
Registered
583 Posts
It's about third on the list of Sh!t to do to my L. Got parts, waiting on weather.

The hole goes in the light housing, so you'll have two bulbs in a light housing(so the bulbs are near each other). the second light is just for color and only 15-25w not for drivin.

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks takemorepills,

I found a shop here that has them. I picked them up for 39.95 today. They are 65W bulbs. They do look good when they are turned off. I installed them a couple of hours ago. Can't wait to see them tonight. I'll have to sneak out from my girlfriend late tonight.:D

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Bukowski,

I think I know what you are talking about. I did that on my old G1 Coupe. Worked good no problems. What part of Arkansas are you in. I lived in Jacksonville Ar. and weather was always crappy, so I thought.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hey Cake,
in Little Rock. Yup the weather almost always is too cold or too hot. not a lot of nice.

an if you go sneakin out on your girlfriend for your car, if she gets pissed, who ya gonna get to wax it?
:D

um, the car, I mean....:D

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lol, she dont wax it anyway. LOL, I do all the duties on my baby(my car that is LOL) Little Rock Huh. Use to alway hit McCain mall for the ladies as a pre-teen. Still there I'm sure, the Mall. I played Football for the Jacksonville Red Devis. We got stomped by Central, Fort Smith North, & Fort Smith South all the time.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts