Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Yes it was a Maxima.
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...in that you've got longitudinally mounted engines.

The distance from the front and rear banks of a transverse V6 to the rear of the car differs. That means that most if not all aftermarket Y-pipes (2-1 collector pipe) will be unequal length, which means that they will sound like Pontiacs/trucks/weed whackers:

But throw some equal-length headers into the mix, and presto:

Yeah I know they are not of Legends, but still :2cool:

Basically what this amounts to is that you do not have to shop around for $850 headers that won't fit with a lower tie brace you already have installed, or a y pipe that has been out of production for over 4 years in order to have an exhaust that doesn't sound like ass.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Basically what this amounts to is that you do not have to shop around for $850 headers that won't fit with a lower tie brace you already have installed, or a y pipe that has been out of production for over 4 years in order to have an exhaust that doesn't sound like ass.
You're right we're lucky. Lucky that the only after market exhaust for our cars' is a piece of shit that sounds like ass unless modified; but hey, it cheap so we lucked out.:rolleyes:.

·
Yes it was a Maxima.
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're right we're lucky. Lucky that the only after market exhaust for our cars' is a piece of shit that sounds like ass unless modified; but hey, it cheap so we lucked out.:rolleyes:.
But it is intrinsically equal-length. And I haven't heard many shitty-sounding 2gens--in fact, pretty much everything I have heard on these forums has been pretty good.

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts
alright, I'm ready to shoot some more vids...I love my exhaust!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.