Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Rebuilding :(
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Guys, out of curiosity, what are you guys using to wash your cars?

For me, im using Meguiars (of course i would lol.) Im torn between their gold class wash and this new wash i picked up. Meguiars #62 wash thats pH balanced. Works well too. SO what are you guys using?

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
California Dreaming Car Wash...my mechanic tells me it's good for dark colors (minimizes water spots) and is environmentally friendly.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I use GM (chevy) car wash with wax..used to work there..got it for free :)

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I use Meguiar's Gold Class usually. I have a bottle of Meguiar's NXT Gen as well ~ although I like how it smells better, I am not as happy with how it cleans.

When I get tree sap or severe crap all over my car, I use regular dishwashing soap followed up with clay bar and wax.

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
The California Dreaming has carnauba and smells good too. I use dishwashing soap before the monthly clay bar. I only wax once a month too, is that enough? car gets driven 2-3 times a week (~7000 miles a year), only in nice weather.

·
Insert key, crank, BHG.
4,377 Posts
I use good year's mr clean formula. You put it in a special hose fitting and you can switch between water and soapy water. Its not mcguiars but I'm cheap and it'll clean your car.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I use all Griot's Garage products.. I have yet to use something that works better. It may cost more but its worth it.

·
A Pinnacle of Performance
214 Posts
either Meguiar's Gold Class or this expensive stuff called Very Berry, no joke.
Its red and its probably the best smelling thing you've ever put on a car. Used to get it intermittently from a detailing product distribution guy I know, haven't seen it anywhere else. It goes a long way and includes the wax that others have. Quality is the name of the game. And guys, can you quit it with the dish soap, use a compound for a serious problem you have, dish soap was not designed for a cars surface at all :eek:

·
mods: yes PLEASE!!!!
9,934 Posts
Meguiars NXT Gen car wash! Works great!
me too I love it iv used the gold class shampoo and this is rediculus compared to it

·
Rebuilding :(
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I never have and never will use dish soap. Something about it being formulated for dishware doesnt make me want to try it on paint.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i use turtle wax i love it maybe cuz i haven't used any other product but i love it cuz that shit shines quick and dry fast automatical.but i am willing to try something new.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts