847 Posts
me
yes
about a month:D

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Oh yeah! Zaino. Good catch! ;)

Yes, there are actually independent distributors that carry it. Email Zaino for a list of them in the area.

G

·
I have seen pictures of a bunch of people that use it and the stuff looks real real nice. Probably the best from what I have seen. Once I finish getting my paint on, etc... I'll start using some of that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Different than wax

I began using it about a month ago on my 93 Coupe (only took about a week to arrive) It is not a wax, but a polymer--serves the same purpose, but in a different way. You wouldn't be able to use the 2 in combination. I feel like I see a difference, but that could be my wallet tellin' my head that for 80 bones, I better see a difference!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Re: Different than wax

blacura said:
I began using it about a month ago on my 93 Coupe (only took about a week to arrive) It is not a wax, but a polymer--serves the same purpose, but in a different way. You wouldn't be able to use the 2 in combination. I feel like I see a difference, but that could be my wallet tellin' my head that for 80 bones, I better see a difference!
80 BONES! I just better see my ball head shine of the reflection of that stuff. then again I better see GOD!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah-- purchase the clay bar, prep polymer, main polymer, "swirl" polymer, and finishing spray: you'll be looking at about $80 shipped. But they throw in a buff pad for free :)

·
Registered
734 Posts
blacura said:
Yeah-- purchase the clay bar, prep polymer, main polymer, "swirl" polymer, and finishing spray: you'll be looking at about $80 shipped. But they throw in a buff pad for free :)
How long did it take you to go through that process? 1-3hrs or more?

·
Registered
275 Posts
It's a polymer?

Has anyone been using this for a year or more?

I needed to have most of my car painted(hood, roof, and trunk) about a year ago and they suggested I use only Carnuba based products. Relax... they said the polymer stuff won't hurt the paint or finish.

They compared it to using a polymer compound on a linoleum floor. It looks nice at first but over time the finish dulls and it(the polymer) needs to be stripped off.

Have you found this to be the case at all? Or do you guys use a pre-wax cleaner or something similiar before you apply this stuff?

·
Registered
127 Posts
The thing I don't understand about using Zaino...

They suggest for many of their steps you should wait 24 hours. So are you supposed to leave your car in a garage for a week while you do all of the steps? I can't see it being a good thing to do a step on Sunday morning, then leave the car outside all day, drive the car to work on Monday, then spend an hour or more buffing another compound into the car on Monday night. That's almost 2 days worth of airborne contaminants landing on the paint that you're swirling around.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Trojan Horse said:
The thing I don't understand about using Zaino...

They suggest for many of their steps you should wait 24 hours. So are you supposed to leave your car in a garage for a week while you do all of the steps? I can't see it being a good thing to do a step on Sunday morning, then leave the car outside all day, drive the car to work on Monday, then spend an hour or more buffing another compound into the car on Monday night. That's almost 2 days worth of airborne contaminants landing on the paint that you're swirling around.
It sounds like they make this stuff for the folks that are fortunate enough to have a garage for the car to live in and drive another vehicle during the process. Otherwise I'm sure it would reccomend a fresh wash between cycles in the event the car stays outside, eh?!

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
You do not have to wait 24 hrs, its only rec. . I have used zaino and its the best I have used period. Great stuff well worth it. Get your :cool: out you will need em!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Which products do you all recommend for a first time user? I was thinking Z-1 and then Z-5? Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
As a first time, I used the z7 wash (after using 'Dawn' to remove the wax), then the zfx (same as the z1, but quicker), then z5 to remove some swirls (I did notice a difference on Blacura), followed by z2, and finally z6 finishing spray. The amount of time you need to wait depends somewhat on the weather. (warmer=quicker) Only been using for 1 month, so don't know the long term, but my paint is 10 years old and needs TLC.

Of note-- I've noticed that the 'beads' in the rain are much smaller. Kind of looks like mist.

·
Registered
847 Posts
?? I thought they mentioned that ZFX is an additive to Z5 and Z2~

anyways, you can apply up to 3 layers a day if you add ZFX to Z2 and Z5. About the aging, I think you shouldn't worry about it... LegendGS haven't stripped his Zaino for an year already, yet it still shines crazily. However, you should clay your car every 6 months anyways, and that will remove Zaino as well. No worries.

For first timers, you should strip the previous wax with detergent, clay the car, wash with Z7, Z1, Z5 (at least 2 for good results, and more if you want the best out of it), then Z2. Should apply Z6 after you wiped off the previous layer and again before applying the next layer for best result.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts