The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - Head Gasket D.I.Y.
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 05-25-07, 09:25 AM   #183 (permalink)
Mike Diaz

Car 1: 3.5L 1991 LS Coupe 5 Spd Blk/Blk
Car 2: 1999 Acura 3.5RL
Car 3: 2004 GMC Sierra Z71

Send a message via AIM to Mike Diaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamLegend View Post
I believe the type II engines have a bracket in front of the main pulley that you have to remove. With it removed, you still have to pull the two front engine mounts and then jack the engine up to get the pulley out....otherwise the subframe is in the way. I had to do this when I did the TB/WP on my GS but didn't need to do it when I did the head gaskets on the 91 sedan.

Hope this helps.

You do not need to remove the mounts. All you need to remove is the center support, and it's held in by 4 14mm bolts, and one 14mm from the top. There's 3 14mm bolts at the bottom that will release the rubber mount you're talking about. Once again, you do not need to remove the two side engine mounts, nor do you need to jack up the engine. Just remove the center suppport, then the rubber mount underneath it.