The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - CAI vs Short Ram...an un-scientific approach...
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 10-17-07, 01:28 AM   #42 (permalink)
sam o nela
because i can.

Car 1: '87L, 5 speed Sedan
Car 2: '71 Datsun PL521
Car 3: '03 Infiniti I35

Send a message via AIM to sam o nela
Yeah having the filter that low (practically resting on the splash shield) might be a little troublesome especially on the metal cap and paper pleats....

Getting it up even an inch over the splash shield might make all the difference...

And in all honesty, I really have no answer to the "wetness" thing. I don't think paper, gauze, foam, anything really, was intended to run after a complete soaking. The paper would become brittle, the cotton gauze would lose its oillyness (and thus its filtering capabilities), and foam just sucks all around...

The most honest answer I could give is during winter/rainy seasons, go with either the stock setup, or a "flatter" filter in the fender well....