The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - My car feels like a boat at highway speeds - suspension help needed...
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 10-27-07, 01:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Blackend
Blackend Motorsports
3 Wheel Slot Machine Champion

Car 1: Blackend Motorsports
Car 2: 1995 LS Coupe

Send a message via AIM to Blackend Send a message via Yahoo to Blackend
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyGlide View Post
I have Konis and Eibach, full stiff and lowest perch and my car feels 'loose' and 'bouncy/wavy'. Is this normal with this type of suspension setup?

Rob
Imagine the way your suspension is setup - the OEM equipment was set to make the Legend handle like a sport/luxury vehicle, and you've stiffened up the shocks/springs now. Well, all that weight that made the ride so nice on OEM suspension is now upsetting the chassis because only one part of it (the 4 corners independently) is stiffer. You really need to tie those corners together by way of a strut bar and sway up front, and at least a sway in the rear if not some tie bars as well (or God forbid we ever get the rear strut bar designed, one of those too!)

Seriously though, I cannot speak highly enough of Fut's MLS strut brace as to how well it evens out our suspension and handling. It really is still my favorite mod for this car.