The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - Head Gasket D.I.Y.
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 02-05-08, 02:34 PM   #197 (permalink)
rb95gs

Car 1: 1995 GS 4dr cashmere
Car 2: 1993 LS 2dr cashmere

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Iceman View Post
When I originally wrote this DIY I had no idea it would be so helpful to so many people. I'm glad to see what a thread this has become. I'm involved in so many different things so I rarley have a chance to check on this thread but I did today.

BTW my legend has not had one problem since I did this other than regular maintainence. Hope all others have had similar success.
Later..

Iceman
It's true this has become the "Bible" for the HG job.

I would like to post a big THANK-YOU to Iceman for the outstanding job he did capturing all of this for the rest of us to benefit from. I found that reading up on the job beforehand is a great confidence builder. At first the job seems daunting - just too much stuff to ever be able to remember how it all fits and in what order. But Iceman's pictures and text - and everyone else's contributions since have made this a great reference.

a couple notes for the take-apart phase:

(1) before trying to move the wiring harness, find and unplug ALL the connectors - don't miss the two under the ps pump.
(2) the wiring harness with injectors etc can be folded out over the driver side front corner of the car, without disconnecting the starter & alternator wires
(3) the control box can be unbolted and with vacuum tubing mostly left connected except at the manifold and EGR valve. The whole thing can be similarly folded to the driver side out of teh way.
(4) Before lifting the heads be sure to take out the three bolts holding the alternator bracket (dr side head), and the two adjuster bolts for the power steering pump (pass side head).

BTW, my car's symptoms were the classic ones. First came the wetness around the overflow tank. Then, even when cold, there was always slight residual positive pressure when opening the radiator cap. And after a drive where a long uphill was involved, there was a definite level increase in the overflow tank - beyond the high level mark. It even overheated once - but it didn't get all the way up before heading back down. If I hadn't read this forum, I'd have still been in denial and probably wrecked my engine. But thanks to this forum and Iceman my car is getting a new lease on life.

THANKS AGAIN ICEMAN !!!!!!