Acura Legend Forum banner

Starter Replacement; 94 GS Sedan

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  94LegendGS4D78P 
#1 ·
Have to replace the starter on the GS Sedan. Helm says to remove Exhaust Pipe A. Is this necessary? My uncle said on his '92 he just removed the alternator, there seems to be less space on the '94s.

Looking for advice from those who have done it.

Thanks.

#2 ·
everyone has dne them both ways, some took the pipe off, some the alt., and some the axle. i started to do mine and was going to take the pipe off then i noticed the wire had come loose. there is not alot of room there, and in my opinion to get to that top bolt easy, i would say take the pipe off, and the 12" ext. pipe that it connects to. GL

#4 ·
Removing the Axle seems more difficult than removing the Exhaust Pipe to me. I wonder if I should order a gasket for "Exhaust Pipe A" that needs to be removed.

Haynes says to remove the Axle
Helm say to remove Exhaust Pipe A.

I'm leaning towards the helm method... though I really do wish I could just remove the alt!

#6 ·
im catching hell so far on the alternator way AND the exhaust pipe way. This may be the first time in 15 years that my start has been changed (I know for a FACT its the first time in the 7 years i've had the car). And SO many bolts are just plain stubborn. One of the bolts on the Exhuast actually BROKE OFF!! Now im scared to go any further lol. If all esle fails i'mm have to remove the axle to get to it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.