Acura Legend Forum banner

how to bore TL wheels..

4K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  AKhan6787 
#1 ·
K i know this has been asked a million times n i even searched the board but i just wanna be sure :giggle:

I'm bringing my TL wheels to the machine shop tommorrow. What do i tell them? Bore them .2 mili meters? or 2 milimeters?
:wtf: :hide:

#4 ·
I'm going to fucking scream....

70.1mm or you are going to have vibration issues

#14 ·
70.1mm or you are going to have vibration issues
That is false, I bored mine myself, they are not perfect and I'm pretty sure their not 70.1. Also my friend Ken who commented above bored some for a friend of ours and there was no vibration.

There would be vibration if it was on the outside of the rim like where the wheel weights are placed but on the inside where the wheel is cut there will be no problems.

#5 ·
I guess it depends haha.. 70.2 worked great for me but I know for a fact oem bore is 70.1

#6 ·
if you have rusty/swollen hubs 70.2 might work..but if you don't there will be play in there..not a shitload but enough to notice

#7 ·
wtf?!?!:wtf:

So all my life ive heard 70.2 now its 70.1?

I just dropped one wheel off so the guy could look at it n i am to call him tommorrow.

Am i going to lose the stock "A" center cap? How does that work?

I am to call him tommorrow to bring the other 3 wheels n with the right details.

#8 ·
I used 70.1mm ~ honestly there is such a tiny difference between 70.2 and 70.1 it probably doesn't matter. Bring your car to the shop; have them bore one wheel to 70.1 and if it still doesn't fit because your hubs are in bad shape, then bore out to 70.2mm

#13 ·
After you bore the wheel does it stay "strong" enough?
Does anybody know that?

Thanks
You bore out a wheels and you weaken it - no doubt.
No one knows how much weaker it would be.

Lets just say if a bored out wheel broke, and and accident/claim resulted and the insurance company found out that you had your wheels bored out .... they could probably have justification for saying your actions caused the problems and not pay your claim.

Yes, I too bored out a set of wheels and never had a problem, but I did wonder when driving fast how safe the wheels were.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.