The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - Overheating 101
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thread: Overheating 101
View Single Post
Old 05-11-09, 03:08 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteypolak275 View Post
I was doing a bit of driving, more than usual tonight. I drove about 120 miles doing 70-80 the whole time, which is alot more than I usually do. Ive never had any problems with the cooling system. After I got off the highway after about 110 miles of driving, I was doing about 30 on a backroad and I noticed my temp was slightly above normal. I kept watching it and it just jumped almost to the type in a matter of 5 seconds, and than dropped back to normal. When I opened both windows, I could hear a sh-sh-sh-sh noise outside the right window, and it would get faster the faster I drove. I started freaking out thinking I got a bhg. When I got home I noticed there was a small amount of smoke inside the coolant resoivor. Anyone know whats going on?
i bought my legend for 3gs (before i joined a-l.com) which was far too much for the mileage it had (fell in love with legend at first sight, so money didn't matter to me) but i test drove it, let it idle, etc with no issues. the guy obviously knew the head gasket was seeping but i had no idea. bought it, drove it ~300 miles back at 55-80 mph, just enjoying the ride. few months later the overheating began and i joined a-l.com. realized the bhg was an issue and replaced the engine (since it was such high mileage and was cheaper than buying a new car).

replaced the radiator, swapped the engine with a ~100k used one. odometer just rolled past 250,000 and i still love my hunk-o-junk. the next car i buy will definitely be a legend coupe but now i know what i know and made a few mistakes. fell in love with a legend
231k is offline   Reply With Quote