The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - Does your Legend crank but does not start? Here's a DIY diagnostic procedure
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 07-10-09, 11:38 AM   #64 (permalink)
twowheels

1992 Acura Legend cranks/won't start

After driving approx 5 miles I noticed steam coming from under the hood. Drove the car home and let it cool over night and the next morning cranked the car to find the problem. Found a busted heater hose and replaced it. When attempting to crank the car again it would turn over rapidly but not attempt to start. Read this thread and checked for loose vacuum lines, fuses etc as suggested but found nothing wrong. This is the first time in the 14 years I have owned the car that it would not start. What could I have done to cause this problem? I am a novice mechanic (very novice) so I had the car towed to a repair shop. The owner/mechanic said there was no spark to the plugs nor current to the fuel pump but he cannot find the problem. He has had the car over a week and still can't diagnose the problem. It seems odd to me that an experienced mechanic cannot find the problem in this length of time. What do you guys think? Also, in the event I have to have the car towed back to my house is there a reset switch that needs to be reset in the event the car gets too hot? I know it's most likely a dumb question.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote