The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - Anyone running wide 3-piece rims...
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 03-30-10, 01:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
StraightSuccess

Send a message via Skype™ to StraightSuccess
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3GDKANG/JDMKANG View Post
+ 32 is cutting it close my +34 are almost touching my calipers! even if it is 20 or 18 the offset is what you have to look out for!
Remember, for ever inch you go wider, you add ~25 mm of additonal offset. So that extra half inch will push the wheel out closer to the fender and clear the caliper easier. You can also run spacers. Another thing, stepping down in diameter makes a huge difference. It becomes easier to clear the control arms and the inner wheel well.

A friend of mine ran 17" x 9.5" +35 on a stock '93 Accord suspension and cleared everthing (of course he tire stretched). I'm sure the Acura Legend has bigger wheel wells than a '93 Accord.

I could be wrong, so when I go to the dealer this week I'll take my tape measurer to check.

With rolling fenders, I will do a mock up on Autocad with the correct measurements to see how a 19.0" x 9.0" +32 fits. I'm looking for 2+ mm clearance between the edge of the rim and the fender. I'm sure the inner part will clear the caliper, but I will double check. If that doesn't work, I'll try 19.0" x 8.5" +32 or so. I can always make the tire fit by running a 225/35/19.

EDIT: Remeber too, I'm talking about 3-piece forged rims where the dimensions of the rims are fully custom. Diameter, Width, Offset, etc.
StraightSuccess is offline   Reply With Quote