The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - Xclusive's Coupe Build Log
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 06-28-10, 05:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
XclusiveAutosports
Acura-holiks

Car 1: 1992 Acura Legend Coupe

Well for those who didn't see my coupe, these are pics of what my coupe used to look like and what I came out to after a Tennessee Titans football games.

I have decided to rebuild her and bring her back better and stronger than before!!

Day 1

Jonslegend arrives in TN after working all night and has offered to spend his next two days off to help me swap my motor after driving 3hrs from Birmingham, AL to Nashville, TN. Here I'll show a few pics of the swap and updates and there will be a full DIY step by step of the 3.5 Type 2 hybrid swap we did with many pics to fillow. We finally get started about noon. First thing we do is strip the front end of the coupe removing bumper, hood & headlights so we can have some room to work

Driver side nut breaks with no problem

Now the passenger side we were not so lucky!

After breaking two craftsman and two trips to Sears only to find out the lifetime replacment gurantee is only refurbished tools, we stil are not able to break it loose. So we make a trip t Lowes and have to bring out the big guns & it breaks with no problem!

Other than that everything else went pretty smoothly. My car was originally sold in Naples, Fl and has been a southern car and luckily we had no problems removing any of the exhaust bolts:

We continued to remove parts and label them hopefully we dont end up with a motor back in and a box full of bolts that we have no idea where they go. We stop about 11pm with everything taken apart or removed and motor ready to pull next morning. Its been a long exhausting night!

Stay Tuned!

My Progress Thread & Pics of My Coupe
https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...-coupe-124913/

DIY: My 3.5 Hybrid Swap
https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...42#post1527542
XclusiveAutosports is offline   Reply With Quote