The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - Xclusive's Coupe Build Log
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 07-07-10, 06:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
XclusiveAutosports
Acura-holiks

Car 1: 1992 Acura Legend Coupe

Day 2

Day 2

Everything was unhooked on day 1 so 1st thing this morning was to pull the engine. This was another long day as we started at 8am in the moring after having to drag Jon out of bed. Picked up leveler from Harbor Freight which made things a little easier.

Removed transmission, flywheel & intake manifold so we could mount engine to engine stand. (I'll give Jon his props here, he disconnected 4 knock sensors without breaking any of them!!!!) Also removed starter and alternator and had them tested.

I have always heard that people do lie about the mileage on engine so I was happy when the Valve covers were removed and engine look almost brand new. There was also a honda filter which hopefully meant the engine was taken car of and dealer maintained.

Engine was removed from a Florida car and there was sand around valve cover gaskets. This was carefully removed before the type 2 cams were put in.

We then replaced cam gear, thermostat, timing belt and water pump (this was hard enuff to do on the stand, I have no idea of they do it inside the car)!

We were starting to lose daylight but continued working, changed out the valve cover gasket & spark plugs and reinstalled the valve covers and coil packs.

Its staring to get late at this point but the goal was to get everything ed back on the engine so tomorrow moring all we would have to do is drop theinstall engine in the car. Installed the differential, starter, compressor, changed rear main seal, front seal, put flywheel back on and bolted the transmission back up. Now teh 3.5 is starting to look like a motor again. Its about 2am in the morning so after approx 17 to 18hrs of work we called it day.

More Pics coming Soon

My Progress Thread & Pics of My Coupe
https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...-coupe-124913/

DIY: My 3.5 Hybrid Swap
https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...42#post1527542
XclusiveAutosports is offline   Reply With Quote