The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - Head Gasket Questions
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 02-07-11, 03:07 PM   #46 (permalink)
bravo659

Car 1: 1992 ACURA LEGEND

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Pinkham View Post
Correction. The mechanic was a moron. And you, sir, are a god!

Guess what - no BHG!

They did the hydrocarbon test and spent two hours going over the car for $25 - that's my karma cause I used to sell there and it was not fun.

Turns out I need to replace the radiator (leaking in several spots) and the hoses. And the thermostat. And the heater core hoses, though that is less essential.

300,000 here I come!

Those repairs, needless to say, will cost almost as much as the car is worth if done at the dealer. Now that it's diagnosed properly, would it be safe to assume I don't need these relatively simple services performed by a dealer?

Also, I will take your now esteemed advice and definitely get the Acura thermostat, but would you try to save some money on the radiator, and, if so, which one would you recommend? I'd love a metal one, but $450 is not in the budget lol.

Thanks again!
Hi I am glad that is not bhg. Yes get the thermostat from Acura. I paid 50.05 locally so its worth it to get it the same day.
Radiator yes get the Visteon that is what i currently have on my car for over 3 years now no problem nor leaks. Its the same radiator i had on my car when i purchased it. They are good radiators and easy to install. You would need to get a new thermosensor for the new radiator. Its me something new i get the other parts new that would go with it.

I am glad that is all you have to invest into your car.
yes now 300,000 miles good to go.

LOL

Keep me updated.

Desi

Last edited by bravo659; 02-07-11 at 03:08 PM. Reason: add content
bravo659 is offline   Reply With Quote