The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - Head Gasket Questions
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 02-13-11, 05:27 PM   #50 (permalink)
bravo659

Car 1: 1992 ACURA LEGEND

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.7legend View Post
well i already priced the head gasket which is about 40 bucks each side...felpro.
that excludes my discount.

i mean what else is there.
i was gonna get water pump, tensioner for t/b, the timing belt.
i mean if i get the car dirt cheap, (which i know i will) i might be better off getting.
cause if i do get another one and pay 2g's or more and it hasn't had the head gasket replaced i should get this one, replace the head gasket and don't worry about this problem again?
If that is what you want to do yes you can and is great getting the car dirt cheap what the heck. The way i look at it I rather purchase a new engine.
If you're the one doing the work then is ok. Aside getting the headgaskets you will need intake gaskets, exhaust gasket, valve cover gasket, and since you'll have the engine apart replace all the hoses. Also the heads need to be milled mandatory.

If you'll replacing the water pump do so, get the tensioner, timing belt get it from Acura and the thermostat also from Acura, the hoses i got it from Acura so you should do the same. You will not be sorry trust me you'l have this car for a long time. You may have to replace the VSS unless you don't have any problems. I guess that is all the major stuff needed to be replaced but remember the hoses in the rear of the engine especially the water outlet hoses and gaskets replace them because the engine is open you'll be able to reach up to all the hoses easily. Since you also have the heads removed and sending it to be milled it is a good time to replace the valve seals makes life easier to work on the car.
Best Wishes on your new car.

92LegendCoupe