The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - Head Gasket Questions
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 03-05-11, 08:06 PM   #55 (permalink)
Walter Pinkham

Car 1: 1991 Acura Legend L

Just wanted to say I'm back on the road cruising (now at 259,000) after replacing the radiator - I went Koyo, since I'm still planning to sell the car (stout trooper, served me incredibly well, but not pretty enough for long term commitment) - thermo (from dealership) and hoses. But at least now I don't have to do anything hasty, I can take my time and be selective. Those one-owner with service records from nice home cars are out there if you have patience.

I tried a wonderful museum piece yesterday, a '98 RL Premium owned by an office worker at an Acura dealership with all service records and recent inspection. Drove like new with 247,000 miles. Needed nothing, everything worked, ran like a dream, $3,000. Alas, it was more bouncy and boat-like than a Legend. So great deal, wrong car.

Looked at various older Honda Accords including several museum pieces. Hard to go back after Legend even though though they were nice from nice homes.

Tried a Legend coupe with low miles but no records - nice, a real looker, but gotta have the records.

I've also been enamored with '98 TLs, but haven't found a "creampuff" with records. Seems people beat on these for some reason. Didn't realize the 2.5 is a race car. I'm leaning in that direction, nice size compromise between Legend and Accord. Really tracks the road well. Surprised it theoretically doesn't get better mileage than a Legend since it appears to be lighter.

Trying a promising '95 Legend tomorrow.

Thanks again for forcing me to get hydrocarbon test!
Walter Pinkham is offline   Reply With Quote