The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - Head Gasket Questions
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 03-26-11, 03:09 PM   #59 (permalink)
Scheibler

Car 1: 93 Legend LS 6spd Coupe
Car 2: 02 CL-TypeS i/h/e

Well I've blown my headgasket. Not sure if I should replace it or or just sell the car to a junkyard and take a $1,700 loss that I still owe on it.

I was driving yesterday and my car was overheating, dropping back down, overheating, and dropping back down. I went and bought a thermostat and planned on replacing it today. While I was driving yesterday the car made a "POP" and white smoke poored out EVERYWHERE! Poored out of the engine and the exhaust so I'm assuming it was a BHG. A local shop quoted me roughly $1,500 for parts, labor, and tax with a 12month warranty. I'm a little skeptical to get this replaced b/c I had noticed coolant leaking from either the top oif the radiotar or the top radiator hose. I don't want to replace the headgaskets only to find my heads are warped or I need a new radiator and all the hoses. I had been driving the car overheating for a while now as I had no other option. What should I do? If I should get it replaced what parts should I make sure they replace besides just the head gaskets

Last edited by Scheibler; 03-26-11 at 03:18 PM.
Scheibler is offline   Reply With Quote