The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - Can I drop a six speed in my car
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 01-14-03, 02:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
Kasteman

Aside from the ALL CAPS i'm with him on this... I want to know the response to his question.. If I get the type II motor and 6-spd tranny, what other specific parts are required as far as wiring harnesses and that sort of thing? I searched previous threads and DV8 mentioned something about a engine harness that needs to be swapped from auto to manual(?)
What i'm basically trying to say is this: If i'm hanging over the engine bay of a type II 6-speed Legend, and i'm ready to tear into it, what would I need to rip out of a type II to get it to function properly in my type I? I know the ECU, clutch pedal setup, center console, instrument cluster, but what else? Are the driveshaft lengths different?
Also, given everything else is done properly, do I have to modify the instrument cluster harnesses on my type I?
Or is it by some miracle plug-and-play?

Bump!!!
Kasteman is offline   Reply With Quote