The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - Newbie FAQ
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thread: Newbie FAQ
View Single Post
Old 06-15-16, 05:26 PM   #81 (permalink)
SeeNBSeen

Car 1: 1993 Legend
Car 2: 1986 BMW 535i
Car 3: 1972 BMW 2002

A/T D4 indicator question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalashaska016 View Post
On the VSS issue where "D4 indicator light in the dash cluster is on," is stated is "on" a typo? I'm just now realizing that my D4 was out completely when I got the car but though nothing of it since all off the electronics had quirks. I know my VSS is out now though. My D4 was never on so was thinking you meant to say "...D4 indicator linght in the dash cluster is (blinking or) off,..." If I'm wrong then sorry about that. Thanks for the post though. Just when I thought I found all the info I could find you helped me out just a little bit more.
Looking at a 93 Legend to purchase, on an extended test drive.
Notices about 5 times in one day the car had issues starting:

2-3 times, it started then quit immediately
Rest of time it cranked without starting, then after messing with the shifter it started.

I watched the dash closely. When I turned the key on, the lights all came on basically as expected except for this: P and D4 and Check Engine light came on for a few seconds, then Ck Eng and D4 light went off together... normal?
SeeNBSeen is offline   Reply With Quote