Acura Legend Forum banner

Front seat removal

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Underthebluesky 
#1 ·
I read a while back that the seat has 2 sets of 10mm bolts that need to be removed, then unattach the harness and remove the seat-but after inspection I can't find any bolts that look anywhere near 10mm. Can someone give me some orientation directions, or even better a seat diagram to go by? I'm having power seat problems and need to ensure all of the wires under the seat are intact and in good condition...

#2 ·
There should be 4 bolts, one at each corner, just pop the plastic covers off and you'll see them.

#3 · (Edited)
most common problem, especially on early G2 is coins getting stuck in slide rails. Honda redesigned the size to stop quarters from getting in but coins still do. Taking the seat out is a pain* because it is an awkward size. Try to get help so you don't tear other upholstry trying to twist and turn it to remove it. I've done the seat removal thing two or three times in my 2 G2's and each time alone. All I could think was I wish one of my buddies was free today to help lift this thing out. Then the rail hit the door and cracked the light. Get a friend to help lift it out.

*not a pain to unbolt or get loose - just a pain to twist and turn it while lifting it out and not hitting and cutting the door with a sharp rail. Get someone to help lift it. It is like 12mm bolt heads and very easy to get at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.