The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - Is your 91-95 Legend overheating? Got a coolant problem? Post all questions in here.
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 01-05-04, 05:36 AM   #75 (permalink)
Josh

Car 1: 91 Legend L Sedan

Cole Austin: I don't have any pictures I can post, but if you stand in front of the engine when it's cold, if you go straight back just to the left of the center of the block between the firewall and the back of the engine is where they are located. You can reach back there and feel them, but it takes some labor to replace them. When my first one failed, they charged me 200.00 and I didn't know that there were several back there, then when the second one blew, the same place charged me 200.00 again, and I said gee, I wish you would have told me there was more than one and replaced them at the same time.

Then, the third one blew ( and I was really ticked at them to find out there was three), when my wife was driving it, and between the three, I guess a slight overheat somewhere happened, even though I shut them down immediately. So, I ended up with putting almost 600.00 including towing and fluid into those three hoses and probably had a BHG gift to boot.

Maybe someone else can post some pics if they have some.

Styles, I think there are lots of reasons these cars eat head gaskets, but unlike other cars that can tolerate some heat, these seem to be hypersensitive because of some minor design flaw near the #6 or #3 cylinder, so extraordinary caution must be excercised to prevent any minor overheat whatsoever.

Maybe I'll start a new thread requesting some, because I bet a lot of people are thinking they have maintenanced all the cooling system potential problem areas, and have overlooked these potential troublemakers.