The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - Is your 91-95 Legend overheating? Got a coolant problem? Post all questions in here.
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 01-27-04, 12:28 AM   #101 (permalink)
WicKeD LeGEnD
P*mp!

Car 1: 91' Vineyard Grey Metallic Sedan

Send a message via AIM to WicKeD LeGEnD
::sigh::.....im starting to have heater core problems as well.... :-\....I figured it would catch up with me,....here is the situation.....I smell antifreeze in the morning when I turn on the heat,..passenger side carpet is NOT wet,...I cant say i've been getting an oily film on the windows....

wierd thing is,...NO LEAKS,..my car is dry as ever....nothing on the ground in the morning,...or anything,...nothing,...just recently I flushed the coolant out even since then i've been noticing wierd things....1. symptoms of Air in the system,...I bled it...it was good for about a week,...then,...while having the remote start on the idle started fluxuating....from 500-1500 rpm,....so I did a search and found it 2 be air in the system,...soo I took it for a hard spin and bled it a few times,....rpm's back to normal...everything was kool......NOW......2 days later...temp is shooting up when heat is on,....after the initial morning drive,.....then it settles out,...after about an hr,...the car is normal....heat will blow HOT....no smell,....temp back to normal,....!!....I think there is still gotta be some air in the system,...but ive spent the last 4 days getting rid of the air,....all while its 20 degrees outside!....ALSO....top radiator hose looks like its about to EXPLODE!......I notice if I take a 10 min drive then bleed the upper hose....air will come out,....guaranteed....just a little bit however, not much.....I have a feeling I've got air in the system somewhere,...either its getting in,...or it's already locked in there,.....

I have a feeling it has to do with a. either the heater core itself, or b. the heater core hoses.........I think it would benifit everyone on this forum,...if we posted more pictures of these hoses in general....with arrows indicating trouble spots,.....searching and reading words on a web-page can only go so far.....

Mods:
OEM 4300K HID's (Philips)
GS Rims/ Wrapped in Toyo Proxes Tires
Custom Red Tinted Tails
2 Rockford Fosgate HE2 10's (1 Blown, Looking for Replacement, got one?, shoot me a PM)
1 Rockford Fosgate Amp (4 x 150W)
Alpine IVA-C801 Indash Multimedia Station
Alpine ERA-G320 Sound Processor
Alpine V-Power MRP-F240 4 Channel AMP
Pioneer Speakers All Around
Blaupunkt DVD-ME3 DVD/MP3/TV Tuner