The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - Is your 91-95 Legend overheating? Got a coolant problem? Post all questions in here.
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 01-27-04, 06:55 AM   #104 (permalink)
Cresap

Car 1: 1991 black on black coupe

I just replaced those hoses when I replaced my heater core. They are a ***** to get off. The one that goes to the engine block is extremely difficult to get the clamp off of. I did it over 2 weeks ago and I still have cuts oh my hands from doing it. The hoses are cheap, less then 20$ each at the dealer. No one else had them that I could find. Also, if you heater core is leaking it doesn't show up on the passenger side carpet, it actually pools up underneath the passenger seat, being that it is the lowest point on the floor pan. The carpet itself is also very thick, so it will absorb a large amount of the radiator coolant before it actually allows it to pool up underneath the seat. I have a 91 coupe so the floor pans may differ between the sedans and coups. I had to roll up the carpet and soak up all of the access coolant. I took pictures of it all, if some one is willing to host them for me. The total labor for replacing my hoses and heater core was close to 20 hours.