The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - Six-Speed Roll Call!
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 04-19-04, 02:09 PM   #56 (permalink)
alexc

Quote:
My homeboy has a white '96 240sx. I'd ask to drive it, but I just don't wanna mess up somebody's clutch like that. If I mess up a clutch, it'll be mine.........that's just how I feel.
I missed your last post while writing my novel, and that was how I felt too. One car I practiced on (the probe in the previous post) had a performance clutch and my friend was convinced I couldn't mess it up. My other friend with the integra.. well it belonged to her parents. Seriously you can learn the ropes pretty quick, 2 or 3 hours on a couple different days of driving is enough. It's the finesse that makes the drive smooth and enjoyable that takes time and practice to learn. If you do get a stick legend and don't have much experience, just make sure you practice on the hills before you set out. Stalling and rolling into someone's car would really suck.

Legend clutches are not cheap to replace, especially if the 6 speed flywheel needs replaced. But hey, you can always upgraded to a performance clutch, which will probably last the life of the car if you aren't one to flog it all the time.

EDIT:
I meant to add, do some reading on howstuffworks.com about manual transmissions and clutches. It helps to understand what is happening on the inside, it helped me a LOT.
alexc is offline   Reply With Quote