Acura Legend Forum banner

Just how bad do you want these headers?

• For sure 100% (fo sheizzy my neazzy)

Votes: 65 32.5%
  • probably 75%+ depends on price and gains (holla)

Votes: 91 45.5%
  • if i falls into some money maybe 50/50%(you just crazy like a woman and don tknow what you want)

Votes: 28 14.0%
  • cool but cant afford (dats wack)25%-

Votes: 16 8.0%

The Real Turbo Thread

187K views 1K replies 147 participants last post by  swift 
#1 ·
The other thread was not very active so this is a new one to get more response. Headers can be done with dyno or track results.
The cost will be apx.$500-10people or less, $400 or less for 20 people and more than that maybe 300 ish. No promises yet, but if some one can save me the time and money of driving to Denver for exhaust manifolds I will cut the cost of your headers. DV8- you have first dibs. I know you have the precious. PM me for my address. I could use my car as the labrat but I would rather have it running for the time being.

thanks guys for your support!
kyle :)

Post below on how definite you are on buying so we can get the best rates. I need to give this man the bus. for his hookup!

#2 ·
Dude, you have to make a set, dyno them, and then get back to us. Anybody can say they make headers that will produce so and so horsepower, but until they actually prove it, nobody will spend the cash. I'm not trying to knock any parts development, but you've said a lot and showed nothing. That's why your last thread was locked up.

Also, you can't get accurate dyno readings in Colorado, so your numbers are gonna be off.

#4 ·
I already know off numbers will show. I dont want money yet -just exhaust manifolds. 1/4 times should be a little more accurate to translate. Remember that no dyno is 100% accurate. Turbo is still comin. I will post pics when i have a chance.
Thx kyle

#6 ·
I posted a reply in the other thread. I knew this would happen. Read up on previous discussions and who has tried them etc. You'll notice that by the time R&D is done (if ever) you'll have to charge quite a bit more than the actual product costs to make. Also, 10 people "committed" to a project like this will eventually yeild 4-5 actual serious buyers once the time comes to pay up. I garauntee you'll have to get them made yourself and sell them over time to slowly earn your R&D money back.

-Ryan

PS: Without any kind of proof of performance and the actual product to show for it you'll just end up getting the thread locked like the turbo thread you made (no offense). There has been so much talk about this and nothing has come through. There is even a thread stickied at the top of the forum. Good luck though :)

#7 ·
Re: Headers - Who wants some

sr79labrat said:
The other thread was not very active so this is a new one to get more response. Headers can be done with dyno or track results.
The cost will be apx.$500-10people or less, $400 or less for 20 people and more than that maybe 300 ish. No promises yet, but if some one can save me the time and money of driving to Denver for exhaust manifolds I will cut the cost of your headers. DV8- you have first dibs. I know you have the precious. PM me for my address. I could use my car as the labrat but I would rather have it running for the time being.

thanks guys for your support!
kyle :)

Post below on how definite you are on buying so we can get the best rates. I need to give this man the bus. for his hookup!
I can provide you with the exhaust manifolds, you front whatever cash to make the first set. Test them, if they give out substantial gains(10WHP+ or 2+10's at the very least) i will buy the second set and others will follow.

Are you down?
Do you understand?

~Tru Hybrid

#13 ·
Dv8 said:
No need to flame.

~TRu Hybrid
oh, i hope i didnt scare anyone, that was a bit exaggerated. no harm meant. but making header that actually gain power is not that easy to make for our legend. tnel is trying, some failed. it hope it all goes well, cause i am interested. how about this a smily :D lol

#15 ·
Hey, thanks for the help! DV8- Once again we will consider this post as an understanding like before. I will pm you my address then if you still desire to send the manifolds you can do so. I greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks everybody!
Kyle

#17 ·
These posts just make me want to curl up next to my turbo Integra and forget all the drama and empty promises that pop up every now and then. Like I have said every time, good luck and I hope you make me eat my words. I love my Legend, and if you make a 10 WHP header that doesn't crack, I will surely pay up and slap one of those on my car.

#18 ·
Sounds good every body. I understand the doubt. My turbo is here and its pretty oh so pretty. DV8- Are you sending me those exhaust manifolds? I put my address in your pm box.
If I get the pics ever loaded up I will give them to some one to post.

Thanks As always Kyle

#19 ·
sr79labrat said:
Sounds good every body. I understand the doubt. My turbo is here and its pretty oh so pretty. DV8- Are you sending me those exhaust manifolds? I put my address in your pm box.
If I get the pics ever loaded up I will give them to some one to post.

Thanks As always Kyle
what's the specs on that turbo??

#21 ·
Has any one heard from DV8 lately? I am ready to get these done soon. The turbo came in and should be up soon. I hope to have the headers done before the turbo. I need these in 2 weeks if any one can find more. Ebay still have those?
Please help!
Thanks Kyle
Some one post their whole email address so we can post some pics of my turbo. Its a pretty one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.