Acura Legend Forum banner

How Much Did you pay TINT

3K views 36 replies 25 participants last post by  Mike Diaz 
#1 · (Edited)
OH MY GOODNESS, I did not know that tinting your car could be so expensive.. I got quotes from $165 to $250.. How much did you guys pay and how much should I really expect to pay?

#5 ·
The price really depends on where you live, in a place where there's a lot of competition for tint shops, the price is probably lower around $150. But if you live in a town where there's only 2 tint shops like where I am, then expect to pay more. I paid $250 for mine.

#6 ·
Here in the Metro DC area I got quoted $200 and $310. I had my 04 and 99 Accords tinted by the shop that gave me the $200 quote, so I am going to go there to do it.

Something my buddies and I have noted about tint pricing: It depends on the car, not the material: My 04 Accord is bigger and has more glass than my 94 Legend, but the Accord cost me $179 to tint with top-of-the-line tint (35% sides, 50% rear, VA legal tint). But since the Legend is a "luxury car", it costs more. A buddy took his RAV4 in for tint, and it cost him $300 from a local shop, another buddy took his wife's Lexus RAV4 rip-off (I can't remember the model #, but it's the exact same car) to the same place and got charged $125 more! At that rate, I wouldn't have bothered.

#8 ·
Mine was $199 + tax for 20% all around at ZIEBART. It would have been $249 for my accord b/c of the 2 rear triangle windows they have unlike the legends. I said skrew that, but got my tint back when I got my legend.

P.S. Make sure they are going to tint behind the third brake light and not just around it. (They went around it on mine the first time.) I laughed it was so tacky. :vomit: I removed the rear seats then the rear deck and they retinted it!

#17 ·
I thought tints were supposed to last forever. I didn't know that they could fade.. Guess I was wrong and need to read up on this stuff.. I never had any problem with the tint I had on my white car, that's why I thought they never faded.. I still don't know what a good price would be for the whole car.

#19 ·
True, all tints does fade, but since titanium last for at least 5 years, most people would have switch cars already. Plus i don't think most of the people on this forum will still have their legend in 5 years. Even if you get the cheaper tint, i think its ok since most tint shop comes with lifetime warranty.

#20 ·
i went and asked a shop around here just to see what they would say, b/c I saw a tv commercial and their $99 special.
So i went in and told them I wanted bronze tint on my 95LS.
This mofo tells me $250.
What happened to the special? I dont think bronze tint costs $150 more they're just trying to get me b/c they see me coming with a "luxury" car.

I hate this f'in town (Austin, TX). Same place that wouldn't let me buy a lotto ticket b/c of my LA liscense.

#23 ·
Cost will vary greatly depending on a few things...

1. What brand tint does the shop use? Is it the good 3M stuff or some tint you can buy at Wal-Mart?

2. Amount and size of windows.

3. Extra care with the install such as the rear glass being done in 1 piece or 2 halves and also, will they remove your brake light or just tint around it??? I hate when you just tint around it (my personal preference). How "close" do they come to the very edge of the window glass at the top also? Making sure there are no air pockets or dirt...

4. Do you have pre-existing tint that they have to spend time to remove? This is really a pain in the a$$ and can really add some money on the total cost.

5. Warranty? Lifetime?

6. Location... are you in Florida or Texas where tint is basicaly mandatory, or are you in a place where tint is an option and there are fewer shops?

I paid 160 I believe for my last coupe and that included removing old tint, back window one piece, removal of the brake light, quality name brand tint, lifetime warranty, and a very nice install.

#25 ·
devcars said:
Cost will vary greatly depending on a few things...
3. Extra care with the install such as the rear glass being done in 1 piece or 2 halves and also, will they remove your brake light or just tint around it??? I hate when you just tint around it (my personal preference). How "close" do they come to the very edge of the window glass at the top also? Making sure there are no air pockets or dirt...
does one piece cost more?

#26 ·
I paid $300 for my tint it was 5 windows and the removal of my rear windshield tint...I did the side ones myself...but this was a really reputable shop...like stated above they tinted behind my 3rd brake light which most shops go around cause of the removal process. and they got extremely close to the edge of my glass , also yeah they do one piece back windows...the reason that costs more is because not everyone can do it and the easier method is just doing a two piece but it doesn't look as good

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.