The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - G2 Legend Stereo FAQ
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 10-27-04, 01:21 AM   #23 (permalink)
QBoroLegend
Blast Billards Champion, Blast Billiards Champion, Cupids Crush Champion, Mumu Champion

System Upgrade

I know I may be repeating a silly question, but you guys sound like experts.

I have a 94L 4dr. I just replaced the 6X9's and I got a pretty good sound out of them. I got excited and decided to just go all the way. Here is what I want to do and maybe someone can give me a great answer.

Before I start, does the 94L have front tweeters as well as midranges, if so where are the tweeters (the mid's are obvious) are they in the same spot? Okay here I go:

I have the Bose 2200 system (amp is bolted to the bottom of the headunit). I have new 6X9's - Pioneer, dual cone, but am getting the next level ones
I am keeping all tweeters and just going to replace the front door mid's.
Someone is giving me an amp and I am going to buy a box with 2 sub woofers (not sure what wattage to get)

Question 1. - If the amp is a 3, 4, or 500W's what type (meaning watts) subwoofer's should I get.
Question 2. - Can I splice the new amp right into the rear speaker wiring, will it drag the power down from it or is that not what happens (I am not a sound engineer so I wouldnt know that)
Question 3. - Is there a cd changer that does not cost 300.00 that I can put in the place of the one that is in the trunk?

Please answer this week - I get paid on friday and would like to get this done before it gets too cold for me to be slithering around my car. I dont have a garage.
QBoroLegend is offline   Reply With Quote