The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - Conversion Done. E39, R33, 4 xenon Projectr, DDE, 1pc body, multpc wheels
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 12-26-04, 06:21 PM   #73 (permalink)
KTD

Car 1: Type II coupe

Send a message via AIM to KTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinMaLegend
LOL sorry about that

http://www.procarparts.com/store-det...=onlinestoreDB

So this is the full deal? I'd need someone to help with the conversions....
This product from procarparts is fairly priced, however you would only get the apperance of the e39 headlights. When these procarpart lights are turned on, it'll be a different story. The optics would be different as these halogen projectors are not intended for a xenon kit. To make full use of the e39 conversion, I'd recommend going with a true xenon projector and system. Also, these aftermarket lights would only come with a rather yellow/dim halos that wouldn't be comparable to the originals of the BMW. I would think that when the headlights are on, it'll drown out the halos.
It all boils down to your budget. If you are going to spend some $ doing a custom fabrication to your car, I would spend on a quality set of headlights. I'd recommend going with some OEM parts or a quality aftermarket parts that includes true xenon projectors, xenon system, and (daylight demon eyes) DDE tranformer+rings that would light up bright. The DDE systems are much brighter than stock (which are also brighter than the aftermarket @ procarparts). Just an FYI, the optic colors, ring effect, and cut off beam of these "affordable" procarpart lights would not be the same as oem's. Hope this helps.

kev