The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - Head Gasket D.I.Y.
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 11-21-05, 04:47 PM   #46 (permalink)
ThomasP520

Just finished the top end job on my '93 LS after a blow head gasket. Thanks so much for the valuable information! I have it all back together and running, but I have a loud tapping noise coming from the right front side of the motor. Any idea what it could be? I had the heads machined, so I'm comfortable everything is OK there. I understand that the valves are self adjusting, right?

I bought the car needing work, so I'm not sure if this tapping noise is normal or not. It runs ok, but I haven't run it more than a few minutes so far. Should I warm it up real well and see what happens?

Thanks