Acura Legend Forum banner

Joined the 200,000 club! See ALL maintenance here...

12K views 49 replies 33 participants last post by  11454 
#1 · (Edited)
The day has come.

Having some fun at the church parking lot this morning (notice the slide marks)…

This car's been around. I've driven it through the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. It's been a lot of fun. Next year I'm planning to drive to Alaska toward the end of May via the Alcan Highway.

I was fortunate to purchase the car from the original owner who provided every receipt for every service since "she" had driven it off the showroom floor. In talking to her, I found out that the car was the dealership's "tester" car. She remembers seeing it in mid-1994 on the lot, and then she picked it up that same year in late August. I bought it in March, 2003 with 95,000 miles. As you will see, the services were mostly performed at the Acura dealer, with others being performed at a Honda/Acura service facility.

Here are some snapshots from along the road to 200,000. Hope you like them.

100,000 miles

111,111 miles at 111 mph :D

123,456.7 miles

149,999.9 miles

170,001 miles (too late on the camera quick draw while driving)

Now the records. Here's my giant (and continually expanding) binder of receipts:

Finally, screen shots of my Excel file detailing each receipt I have:

Interesting to note that the car is on its original engine (including headgasket), transmission, clutch, axles, suspension, etc. If it's not on this spreadsheet, it hasn't been changed. I've had the oil changed 33 times during my ownership and have used 5 different sets of rims/tires.

Conclusion: It costs about $11,000 to maintain a G2 Legend, from brand new to 200,000 miles. Keep in mind that this file does not include (with the exception of a subwoofer and a maybe a couple of appearance items) anything besides "maintenance." I keep my record of aftermarket accessories and upgrades completely separate.

Look forward to my post at 300,000 in about 2 ½ years.

T.

See less See more
#3 ·
WOW!!

You have inspired me to make a binder for my cars maintenace, although I dont have the records previous to 142,xxx. That is something I will do for future cars, however. I'm at 160,xxx and will be hitting 200,xxx about the time you hit 300,xxx

#4 ·
I love your coupe.
...and I thought my envelope of every maintenance record was neat,
then there is your binder ;P I need to buy a binder.

Seriously, bro--one day we're going to meet so that I can see your coupe.
You drive the cleanest Legend that I have ever had the privilege of drooling over.

k.h.

#8 ·
khoerling said:
Seriously, bro--one day we're going to meet so that I can see your coupe.
Love to. I'm planning to hit up SoCal over the Christmas holidays; got some friends in Irvine to say hello to. I'll drop you a PM when I get my plans in order.
Searchin4acoupe said:
Isn't it just about time for another meatloaf dinner?
:giggle: Yes! Teresa's famous meatloaf would be worth making another drive to St. Louis! Not to mention the Dave Breakfast Special. :D
Shaar said:
i'll be joining the 200k club in another 9.5k! i'm excited!
Nice! I had no idea your car had that many miles. Looks amazing!

Thanks guys. I know the binder's a bit over-the-top (can you say obsessive-compulsive disorder?!) but it helps me keep my sanity. :D

#12 ·
I went to get my oil changed and i noticed the window sticker by the time of the next change it will be 200100... came up faster then I thought

#14 ·
Congrats Tyson!!! By far the best looking coupe on the board, can't believe it has 200,000 miles on it.....simply amazing! So when are you going to be coming to Texas again? Pay a vistit to Austin, the weather is amazing, our high temp was 80 today, gotta love it!

Congrats again,
SB

#16 ·
I trying to think of what to say...Its priceless. It truly is. Those memories will stay with you forever.

#18 ·
:2cool: Hell, I'm pushin 300k in my coupe w/ origional motor and HG, but its beginning to act like its about to go to the HG gods. Runs great though.

Your car is so clean. Love those TL wheels. What an inspiration. What camera do you use those pics are hotness.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

#19 ·
sleeprlegendcp said:
You rock man!

I am thinking of making an around the US journey before the next national meet. Leave ATL and head to NY then across to Washington then down to LA and then off to the nationals. All of this in my G1 fresh out of the shop. What a great break in! Wanna join?

Later!
Lee
Let me know if you actually do that. It'll be a great excuse to have another WA meet!!! :2cool:

#22 ·
Wow, thats cool man, but i tell ya what. For a legend, thats alot of crap to go wrong within not even 3 years. I mean 10K in stuff? wow. I bought my 93 in 2000 with 154,000 and its got 250000 on it now and ive only spent like $2000. I never took it to the acura dealer, because its a rip off. but congrats to you. dont take it to the A dealer anymore, RIP OFF ! :)

#23 ·
Pirate said:
:giggle: Tyson, the 200,000 mile parking lot donut king :giggle:
lmao... I know... I was loving that parking lot!

swift said:
Those memories will stay with you forever
I know it man! Travel as much as you can whenever you can. There is always so much to see and so little time to see it in the world. Can't wait for NLARLM '06.

93Legend said:
thats alot of crap to go wrong within not even 3 years
Actually it's $11,000 in TWELVE years... this spreadsheet goes from when the car was new. That comes out to less than $1,000 in maintenance per year. :D

#24 ·
ya nice man i'm heading to 200k in about 10,000 miles not there yet but soon. so how's the weather in st george? how much snow you gettin we have some good snow here in the SLC not like'n it too much but what can you do right. well man just remember keep it lookin good and up to maintnance

#25 · (Edited)
Welcome to the 200,000 mile Club !! I myself just hit the 200K mark about 3 Months ago. I am also Lucky enough to have ALL the Receipts on my car from new like you do. I bought it from my dad in 2001 W/ 137,000K and he just handed me a folder of receipts, mostly from the ACURA Dealer for everything except for Tires. I also have the window sticker, the little instruction tags they hung on all the interior accessories from the factory, and info. booklets about the tires and even every payment stub he made on his lease and eventual buy. :giggle: I'm at 202,905 miles as of Today and on original everything except tires, brakes, Radiator, Windshield and TB/WP/Tune-up stuff of course. I LOVE your Binder. It's funny I am in the process just now of putting together a spreadsheet like yours. I feel better now that I'm not the only OCD sufferer here...and owning a Legend you really have to be esp. W/ the Coolant/ HG Issue. Also LOVE the PICS esp. 111,111 @ 111MPH LOL !!! Long Live the Legend !!! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.