The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - Potential Legend Buyers Please Read This First "buyer Beware"
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 02-09-06, 01:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
beav

Car 1: 1993 Gray Legend Sedan

You can add me to the list, bought an otherwise mint 93 legend last week and after putting around 400 miles on it I have discovered it pushes about a cup of antifreeze into the overflow every 100 miles or so. I was pretty thorough on the test drive and personal inspection and could not even tell. Its was not bad enough to notice on a 25 minute test drive and the temp only climbs after idling a few minutes after driving it around all day, no smoke at all or any other red flags. The only way I would have been able to tell on this car is to empty the overflow or mark it carefully and drive around for several miles and then there will be at least a few tablespoons of water in the overflow. I should be able to handle the headgaskets myself once the weather gets a little warmer but it is a pain because I have two turbo civics that already take up all my free wrenching time and the only reason I bought this car was so I would have something that did not need any work. I am guess I am getting the full legend experience .
beav is offline   Reply With Quote