The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - Legends of the Old West: Tombstone, Arizona
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 02-12-06, 02:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tyson
Road Trip King

Car 1: 1994 LS coupe 6-spd
Car 2: 1994 GS sedan 6-spd

Send a message via AIM to Tyson Send a message via MSN to Tyson
Legends of the Old West: Tombstone, Arizona

For today’s cruise, we turn back the clock to the year 1879 and we travel to the town called Tombstone, Arizona. The drive from metropolitan Phoenix took about 2 ˝ hours of travel across the desert wasteland of I-10. The town is famed for its reputation as an Old West hot spot. Gun fight reenactments are carried out on a regular basis. During a break from our photo shoot, we stopped by the local cemetery to catch a glance at a few of the casualties’ gravesites from years gone by and pay our respects.

It all started when I read the following excerpt from my well-used U.S. road map:

A town with “Legends”? What better place for a Saturday drive? And so the decision was made.

These photos were adjusted for color balance but have not otherwise been modified.

Notice the sign -- this is the "Legendary" Boothill Graveyard!

Featuring John Wayne!

Look at this sign: Ghosts and Legends!

The Marshall's Office (AKA Sheriff's Dept):

I turned over 208,000 during this adventure.

On my way home, I had the opportunity to see one of the cleanest Legends I have ever laid eyes on: Chuck’s (ArizonaLegend) 1993 LS coupe 6-speed with – get this – 15,000 miles! The first thing I said when I sat in it was, “I’m not worthy!” It truly is a gem.

Chuck has quite the Legend collection:
Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote