The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - Head Gasket D.I.Y.
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 06-14-06, 03:46 AM   #108 (permalink)
mr. Charles

Smile

...oooK, first off; new for here at this Forum [ and a GREAT one at that ], working with a 94' Acura Legend w/3.2L eng...... onset here & all apart now(torndown) for the D.I.Y Head Gasket_job......no worries for i AM mechanically inclined and all { tool's = MAC & SnapOn etc..} my question of concern is to deal with the new Head Gasket Set (FelPro @ that) = Why are the "holes for the water passages like on one end is of one size then towards the other end of the head, the "hole's" tend get smaller in size and noted they are NOT the same "oval_type" shape as per say the water passages from block to head???? am i to try and cut ea or all of the passages to equal the opening jacket's showing from the block to the head to make match??? OR, is this some sort of water "restriction" for which is required & i am not understanding whole-ly/correctly??? much appreciate your replies/comment's/suggestion's on this matter.......again, GREAT forum for help, here.....

.....mr. Charles