Acura Legend Forum banner

18" wheels and a lowered legend

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  BiggyB73 
#1 ·
I have a 1991 sedan. It's lowered with H&R springs...1 1/2". I'm still on stock struts. I am looking at getting a set of 18s. What is the proper size and offset I require. I'm lookin at a set os TSW Thruxtons 18x8 with a +45 offset i believe, and 225/40/18 tires. I had them mounted on the car at the shop and the dude there said I would have rubbing in both the front and rear wheel wells. The wheels fit both in the front and rear with very little room around the tire in the wheel well...dude said there would be rubbing when I go over bumps. Just wondering if he is correct. Who here is lowered and runnig on 18s. What do I need to do? Any info would be a great help...thx.

#2 ·
I have the exact same setup I am lowering my car as we speak only done with the front with H&R's and stock struts, I have the same wheel size you said, and i dont have any rubbing...Yet it does not look like the front end has set yet its lower but not so low that it will rub at all by any means. Just do it w/o 18's first and if it looks fine put 'em on. You should be fine. people put 20's on these legends and have no problems. just be careful

#3 ·
I've had the car lowered for a few years now and have been rolling on 17's. I wanna upgrade to some 18's now, but don't wanna run into many probs...I know I'll probably have to roll the fenders which i have no problem doing...just wanna know what others are doing in this situation...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.