Acura Legend Forum banner

Max's Pics: San Francisco Meet 2006

27K views 91 replies 45 participants last post by  supra2nv 
#1 · (Edited)
you might wanna make your resolution bigger for these pictures. theyre all 800x600 or 600x800.

Could it possibly be....

Yes it is....

YOU WISH YOU CAME

Ken, on the phone, "YO MAN DV8 IS HERE!!!"

Tyson wanted this pic bad

Told ya'll the pics Sergio had before didnt do his paint justice...

Although the first 20 pictures were of the same 3 cars, there were actually a lot of other ones there.

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. Looks like I must rename thread: SF Meet, featuring DV8

Our lovely guest and her for-sale GS with chrome rims and only 110,000 miles.

Okay, so it only took like 40 pictures, but here are all the cars...finally! Great turnout. Even though not every car got it's own set of pictures, they were all great.

We forgot to take one of these pics when we had everyone together. So here's the cruise group on a break at Stinson Beach. The camera took ken by surprise and Tyson is too cool to look straight :p

PANORAMIC IMAGES!!!
These pics are 1500 pixels long! Scroll sideways to see the whole thing!

The panorama stitching program did a bad job and made Sergios car look like it's sinking. Otherwise, its a sweet shot.

Cruise guys by their cars. Again, the program didn't like sergio's car and made the front bumper too pointy. Tyson got a little of that too.

This meet lasted from 10am to 9pm....it was, as advertised, a day-long Legend extravaganza. I had such a good time, it was awesome seeing some familiar faces and meeting some new ones. We'll do it again for sure, whether or not I have a legend ;)

See less See more
#28 · (Edited)
PQ-KA7 said:
damn max...u took hella nice pics
thanks! haha, everyone was making fun of my dinky camera and the fact that i used a tripod for it...but in the hands of the right person, you can get some awesome shots!

el Mallardo said:
Brent showed up?
He came to the last NorCal meet as well. I don't know why he was banned, but in person he's a cool guy with a great personality. In fact, the meet wouldn't have been such a success if he hadn't been involved. I don't live in San Francisco so i was completely clueless on locations...he helped out a lot.

mondonalds said:
Sorry, I dont mean to hijack this thread, but I am very interested in that black GS Amanda was selling and the people at this meet also saw this car. Could anyone who saw it email me with their opinion of the car, what things were wrong with it and any pictures they took?
I'll try to get some more pics for you...
but...
my overall impression:
-On the outside the car is in VERY GOOD condition. It has a few scratches and some tiny dings, but the paint looks like it's right off the showroom floor. It's a nice, deep black that reflects everything like a mirror.

-The inside is FLAWLESS! It's a full black interior and the seats looked great, no cracks or tears that I could see. I have some pictures of it that I'll send to you. I was really impressed with the condition of the interior.

-It's a Type II motor and since it's been driven by this girl for awhile, plus it only has 110,000 miles on it...well...you do the math...furthermore, she's had a lot of stuff replaced, i don't remember everything, but i'm sure you can ask her. She had the A/C replaced recently, so it should run like a champ

consensus:
we talked about it as a group and we're sure you could bargain her down to $6,000. She bought an Audi A4 already so she's got car payments to make and I'm sure she wants the Legend off her hands. The car is definitely worth $6,000, at least. It just needs little TLC here and there and it would be one of the cleanest stock legends i've ever seen.

Dv8 said:
You guys are all great! I'm glad I finally made it out!

That one chick was pretty hot too.

~Dv8
Hopefully we'll see you at the next one too! I'm thinking of making it an annual meet...I'm thinking around January I'll post up the weekend for next year...that way people will have 6 months to make sure they can get the time off and we can get more interest from SoCal.

As for the girls...well, let's just say that after the meet I'm certain the Legend just has a knack for attracting the lovely ladies ;)

Ken said:
Still editing the videos?
I was telling Tyson that the Treasure Island meet video took me 8 hours to make and I did it all in one sitting. I got a little excited last night and started working on the meet video but didn't like how it was going so I scrapped it. The sticky pod footage is amazing though, I'll say that much :p

#30 ·
oh ya, i went thru ken's gallery and i'd like to draw attention to the fact that he's got some really good shots in there too.

ken, i wish this picture came out crisper...it's at the perfect angle and everything!

#31 · (Edited)
My Pics and Stories Part 1

Back in AZ safe and sound, with total trip mileage totaling somewhere around 1,900 ish. Today was a long day on the road because I had a couple of (very worthwhile) detours. I left just after 8 a.m. from Ken's house in San Fran.

As I was passing through Stevenson Ranch, CA on Insterstate 5, I remembered where I had seen that name before -- it's supra2nv's (Jack) hometown! So I had Mastervtec get me Jack's number so I could give him a ring. I caught him while he was out running errands so I decided to grab a bite to eat and then meet up at Jack's house in a few minutes. I had just ordered my Crunch Wrap Supreme inside the restaurant and I got a phone call from Jack, saying, "Are you at Taco Bell?" He had been in the drive through! Haha. I followed him to his place and then I took a front seat to the one of the coolest ride-alongs I've ever experienced. Jack has some fun twisties near his home and the GS 6-speed was a riot to ride in. The car is so smooth throughout the gears; everything about it just looked and felt new. And the Stromung exhaust = unbelievable!! I'm determined to get my hands on a GS-6 one day soon.

The pearl white GS is a beauty, too. I'll vouch for that. Somebody ought to snatch that one up for sure!! Thanks Jack for taking me along for the ride. Was fun to stop by your place for a bit.

Then I headed on to LA and met up with none other than Fut himself. He was in his G1 sedan (suspension mods galore -- tie bars x 2 or I don't even know how many). That car is in amazing shape for being 16 years old. His plate said it best, "LEG'N LUV". Fut's an A+ guy; I picked up a set of EDM corners from him.

The rest of the drive was through the boring desert of eastern California and western Arizona.

My weekend pics in random order.

Pics from Stinson Beach cruise.

Cory's car.

#35 ·
ALoneR said:
oh ya, i went thru ken's gallery and i'd like to draw attention to the fact that he's got some really good shots in there too.

ken, i wish this picture came out crisper...it's at the perfect angle and everything!

well, it was digital zoom because the cars were really far away. Jesse had the 7.1 MP camera, his came out pretty darn clear, so if you if you ask him, he probably has the better quality version

#36 ·
common tyson, i know you got more pics than that!

haha, u crazy ass, taking pictures while were going thru turns n stuff.

my favorites are still the ones on the side of the road during the cruise...u really get a sense of the nice landscape we were passing by...which u appreciate more afterwards because during the drive everyone was paying 100% attention to the road!

#44 ·
ALoneR said:
He came to the last NorCal meet as well. I don't know why he was banned, but in person he's a cool guy with a great personality. In fact, the meet wouldn't have been such a success if he hadn't been involved. I don't live in San Francisco so i was completely clueless on locations...he helped out a lot.
There was a lot of drama between him and Lee toward the end, and to be honest, there were a few of us who wondered if a lot of assumptions weren't made about what Brent was accused of doing. In any case, he could get real mean and ugly, literally, when debating things here, and he offended a lot of people. Seeing him having a good time with you guys, seeing that he is still in touch with the group and hearing you say he's a cool guy in person doesn't add up to the way he came across in this forum. Maybe we should ask the administration to lift the perma-ban on him...it's not like it can't be reinstated.

/hijack

#48 ·
Beautiful pictures and gorgeous Legends!
Wish that I could have been there...

There is so much coverage of DV8, Sergio and Tyson's Legends,
but not enough of Keith's! I've seen that Legend in person,
and it's INTENSE. All of his work is custom, but unlike most,
his quality is OEM. Just look at that gauge cluster ;)

k.

#49 ·
The reason Keith didnt get as much coverage is because he came about 2 hours late and we were just getting ready to head over to the Presidio for the group shot. His Legend is really stunning in person though, and the gauge cluster is amazing. He set up a little dark room with a blanket so Tyson and I could check it out. He wouldve come on the cruise as well, but his master brake cylinder was acting funky and you dont want to drive the cliffside roads unless you're certain your car can handle it.

#50 ·
ALoneR said:
The reason Keith didnt get as much coverage is because he came about 2 hours late and we were just getting ready to head over to the Presidio for the group shot.
:werd:

Keith's car definitely deserves more coverage; I wish he could have made it on the cruise with us.

Here's an interior pic taken from Ken's gallery at http://iserve.honda-tech.com/isgallery?id=5032

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.