The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum - View Single Post - Head Gasket D.I.Y.
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 08-05-06, 05:32 AM   #139 (permalink)
Freshmex22

So today is my first day on this website, I have a 91 Acura Legend and have dont alot of work to (all work done by myself)
-Motor R&R
-Radiator
-T-belt, water pump, cam/crank seals, final drive seal,
-Master Cylinder
-Brakes
-And i service it religiously, trans service every other oil change, tires rotated every 3k, not a drop of oil in my driveway. I hope everyone knows where i'm coming from, not alot of legends out there, but the ones that are out there, we have to keep them clean.

So Check this, about a 2 months ago, my radiator started leaking, no problem with that, lifetime warranty through 1800radiator, replaced it, changed the t-stat and I was set. A week later, it blows a bypass hose, so i replace it, then my upper hose blew in the exact spot that ICEMANS blew. So i replaced the hose and the t-stat cuz i thought it was a defective one. Then the radiator goes out again, warrantied at no charge. Car runs good for about a month, then the temp gauge starts to fluctuate, so i replace the coolant temp sensor for the gauge and the computer as well, all parts that i have put in my car have been OE (WorldPac is the way to go!!!!) Well i thought that fixed the problem but the gauge did the same.
I did a block test and turns out it has a blown head, what sucks about this is i put a used motor in my car about 3 years ago/26,000 miles ago.
I already ordered the Cylinder Head Gasket kit, but i have a back up plan if the heads are bad, I found a motor from Japan and its gonna cost me $595 (anyone wants their number let me know, they have a few) this motor has about 50k miles.
I want to know what else you guys recommend i should change if i end up doing the heads, help a fellow Legend owner out, and that includes ICEMAN! thanks in advance. I've done some work to my car too, if you guys have a question about anything, feel free to ask me!!!

Freshmex22