What performance parts do RL owners REALLY want? [Archive] - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

: What performance parts do RL owners REALLY want?

GrumpySteelMan
05-11-08, 02:48 AM
I really want to know, what do RL owners REALLY want? I mean that as in zero BS, I'd buy EVERYTHING on my list in less than three months time, didn't have to wait for a group buy, had a clear idea as to what I'd be getting, etc.

Make sure to include what you already have.

I encourage everybody to list their own ideas. Obviously the person who says 'turbo kit' or 'supercharger kit' has to be a well-heeled individual with at least one spare car...so spare us.

Obviously we have suspension choices from reasonable to outta sight...so lets try to stay performance oriented.

I would like to see:

ECU Chip (or a dev pack and a romulator)
Quiet, Stylish Catback

B+O
05-11-08, 11:11 AM
aside from what you said....probably just a shift kit. Most everything else is available, though it cost a grip.

EDIT:

no no, i know something. More powerful Ignition Coils. i don't know if that HKS ignition amplifier really works or not, but it would be nice to have something to bolster the standard coils.

Spade
05-11-08, 09:30 PM
a decent CAI.

and for exhaust I remember someone here showed me a remus sport one that was 480$

B+O
05-11-08, 11:49 PM
a decent CAI.

and for exhaust I remember someone here showed me a remus sport one that was 480$

Ask about the SMG Intake for TCS Legends. they're available from Thai

http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery/data/16e6a3326dd7d868cbc926602a61e4d0/2015_p45734.jpg (https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f44/fs-smg-customs-dense-air-inhalation-system-cais-blowout-118839/)

click image for link to thread

music2bmurderedby
05-12-08, 12:08 AM
definitely ecu chip, & a better designed set of headers with included y pipe than the current one from obx, although for the price i'd still roll with obx for now. and lastly, vtec fluid.

Spade
05-18-08, 09:55 PM
you know what we need? some C-pro from Hondata.

make our redline 8K and have Vtec from 3.

B+O
05-18-08, 11:51 PM

I don't typically jump all over people, but are you only pretending to be stupid??? I mean seriously are you ignoring the information i give you simply because you don't want to read 3 sentences?

Once:
just wondering, when wud you use that turbo if you had one? for what 3K? from 3 to 6? on a fully auto matic with a low redline that is useless I'd say. if it upshifts too fast youre stuck w/o boost or Vtec. then the M5, E55 or GS430 passes you easily

dude, just to let you know, None of the RL's before the 2005 G4 have VTEC.
from here:
https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f29/turbo-kit-v6-please-help-119855/#post1250725

Twice:
what about lag and the fact that its an automatic car with a redline of less than 6K. if you were to push it, then it wud upshift, then where will you be? sitting in the nonboost zone for a second waiting for turbo Vtec to kick in?

Not only that, I told you RLs before 2005 don't have VTEC

From Here:
https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f59/supercharging-97-rl-legnd-here-oz-65935/index3.html#post1265591

and Now you do it again?!

WHat's going on? Are you not absorbing the information i'm telling you?

hey guys I'm new here and driving a 1997 RL (moms old car) until another year passes and I get a RSX-S.
I guess it's time for you to get that RSX Type S you want so bad because you're officially off the radar as far as a knowledgeable source of information concerning power enhancements. This isn't an off the shelf car, we're home brewed here, and to be able to stay afloat with DIY performance, you have to know the basics.

OneBadNA1NSX
05-19-08, 12:29 AM
Ummm..... we don't have vtec..

Hmm, I would like a throttle body upgrade...

GrumpySteelMan
05-19-08, 01:07 AM

You know what you need? Two braincells that don't fight.

samblaze
05-19-08, 01:37 AM
You know what you need? Two braincells that don't fight.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Quote of the day!

NuclearSymphony
05-20-08, 05:47 AM
A very good throttle body upgrade can be found at Maxbore.com throttle body boring service (http://www.maxbore.com) for around $110.

The Remus exhaust goes for just over $700 at Legend (http://www.remus-usa.com/html/legend.html)

J Witherspoon
05-20-08, 12:51 PM
I'd like a chip.

Faticus
06-11-08, 06:16 PM
Uh, how bout anything with a decent horsepower:$ ratio w/o compromising the integrity of electrical components and longevity of the car!

Don't need retarded crap like a 100 shot of NOS or the remus exhaust ($700= 1-2 hp gain and a lil sound, WOW I'll take 4).

Peace MattyB!

dasficktauf
06-11-08, 08:05 PM
Uh, how bout anything with a decent horsepower:$ ratio w/o compromising the integrity of electrical components and longevity of the car!

Don't need retarded crap like a 100 shot of NOS or the remus exhaust ($700= 1-2 hp gain and a lil sound, WOW I'll take 4).

Peace MattyB!

G2BMC sayin nos is retarded crap in grumpy's thread..

3.5RL
06-13-08, 07:03 PM
I need more power!!!!

95LegendGS
06-14-08, 04:41 AM
I have a pair of stock heads and intake manifold and cams if anyone wants to buy them for cores to get ported/polished/reground. PM me if interested.

MALTA1
06-14-08, 12:49 PM
Would anyone have the contact info for the headers? Sounds like a worthwhile upgrade.

Rai-C
06-19-08, 08:15 AM
intake/exhaust, lighter pulley wheels, cams, piston rods and heads, chip, throttle body (independant throttle bodies? or... nah.)

yeah.

GrumpySteelMan
06-21-08, 06:50 PM
G2BMC sayin nos is retarded crap in grumpy's thread..

I'm not even going to respond with my normal energy...jet lagged like a motherfucker. Bangkok-Narita, Japan-O'Hare-Greensboro in one shot.

Nitrous is the easiest and most proven method to get a serious horsepower boost without two buckets of money and a PhD...in the RLs. It's already been done a few times, including on my own car. That being said, it shouldn't have been mentioned in this thread.

I'm curious about the mods that people really want, that they can't currently get.

potter223
10-05-08, 03:09 PM
Light-weight body panels. Trunk and hood. Carbon fiber. Light weight bumpers. Kevlar.
Rear-window spoiler.
Bolt on supercharger kit.
Intake manifold mods.
Cams.

potter223
10-05-08, 03:15 PM
Light-weight body panels. Trunk and hood. Carbon fiber. Light weight bumpers. Kevlar.
Rear-window spoiler.

Bolt on supercharger kit.
Intake manifold mods.
Cams.

kotetu
01-26-09, 03:46 AM
definitely ecu chip, & a better designed set of headers with included y pipe than the current one from obx, although for the price i'd still roll with obx for now. and lastly, vtec fluid.

I'm gonna be test fitting equal length headers on Eric's rl, so hopefully you guys will all want them when they're ready. :)

OneBadNA1NSX
01-26-09, 12:14 PM
I'm gonna be test fitting equal length headers on Eric's rl, so hopefully you guys will all want them when they're ready. :)

Yes guys, stay tuned for probably one of the most significant power adding mods ever for our cars!!!!:yes:

3.5RL
01-26-09, 03:15 PM
Turbo or supercharger!! lol jk
I need aftermarket HID headlight with clear len and a projector in it!!!

ACL
01-26-09, 11:32 PM
Yes guys, stay tuned for probably one of the most significant power adding mods ever for our cars!!!!:yes:

hell yeah. headers are much needed. definitely hard pressed for room. I'd love to see them able to be installed without having to remove the motor from the engine bay :)

DandDEE
01-26-09, 11:36 PM

yo kotetu i thought these were for the legend..?

kotetu
01-27-09, 02:32 AM
yes they are Legend headers, but I am gonna test them on Eric's RL and see if they can be made compatible with all Legends 91-2004. :)

DandDEE
01-27-09, 02:58 PM
I see you lookin out for everyone thats very good you will have alot of custies lined up... me in particular..

OneBadNA1NSX
01-27-09, 03:32 PM
I see you lookin out for everyone thats very good you will have alot of custies lined up... me in particular..

the idea came to me as for shits and giggles. But it's becoming reality :giggle: !!!

ACL
02-10-09, 11:58 PM
So when we gonna see these headers already?

OneBadNA1NSX
02-12-09, 02:36 PM
So when we gonna see these headers already?

dude, be patient... you guys will know when I know.

usdm419
05-11-10, 03:28 PM
A streetable cam. These cars are SOHC, so 'cam(s)' would be out of the question.