Acura Legend Forum banner

Getting to rear speakers and subwoofer

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  new_hampster 
#1 ·
OK, this might seem like a simple question to some but I cannot find a way to remove the rear deck to get to the rear speakers. Does anyone have a clue? Also, where is the stock amp located? I can't seem to find a mechanic's manual on the '05 RL. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

#6 ·
Thoughts

Like the Legend, check under the rear seat or behind the rear seat back for the BOSE amp. Are you planing on chnging out the head unit too? The issue is that the unit was designed for the three speakers in the rear deck and it's repective amp-changing that up may have un-forseen consequences to the overall operation.

Best of luck!

#7 ·
I'll let you know as soon as I figure out how to get to the rear speakers...lol

L3g3nd91, I don't think the 05 is like that. The speaker mesh doesn't look like they'll just pop out, they are pretty flush mounted. Thanks anyways, but let me know if I'm wrong, I just didn't want to break them...haha

#9 ·
The instructions for installing the rear spoiler have pretty good instructions on how to remove the trunk panels. The forum won't let me post a URL, but if go to any dealer website, then go to the Acure eStore, they have instructions for installing all accessories. (try replacing the - with / )techinfo.honda.com-rjanisis-pubs-I-BII27035.pdf

-Dennis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.