Acura Legend Forum banner

1992 Acura Legend L - Needs work.

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  vayankee 
#1 ·
This car, model L, belongs to my wife, a retired college professor. She has owned it since 2000. I have all of the invoices and service records. The mileage is 178,779. The car is in Central Virginia.

Problems:
- Small cracks and uneven paint on the left rear fender.
- The paint is deep blue, but the roof and trunk lid look a bit lighter than the rest of the car. There's no clear coat peeling. Several sections were repainted recently so they will need waxing in 90 days.
- Possible head gasket failure. I have not driven it since the symptoms (overflow tank running low, and oil level was high) appeared. The engine did not overheat. I do run it briefly every week-starts fine, no noise, and no smoke.
- PS rack leaks badly, but I have a warranty on that. So removal/replacement labor costs will be involved for the buyer.
- The inside of the left bolster of the driver's seat is worn quite a bit, but I will include a repair kit with the car (this repair needs to be done above 60 degrees, I believe).
- Right rear window goes down but does not go back up, due to the failure of the large connector in the B pillar, just as on my '94 Legend-I disconnected the connector inside the door.

This is a sweet driver, with engine-transmission compatibility that makes for excellent performance. There are no other issues other than those mentioned above.
It has a rear deck wing that is not OEM. The a/c and all electricals work. There are no stains inside, or rust outside. The tires and wheels are good. There is a simple AM/FM radio with a single cd player. I will include the original Bose stereo, and a pair of new front speakers that I did not get around to installing.

Please go to craigslist to see pics: https://lynchburg.craigslist.org/cto...549074576.html.

Asking 1,300, OBO.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.