just wondering [Archive] - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

: just wondering

whitepearl3.5RL
10-23-04, 11:27 AM
does anyone know if you can get a preformance chip for a 96 3.5RL???

awal
10-29-04, 04:34 AM
Im sure you could use an Apex-i Afc to play with fuel curves thats the only thing i could think of. Try juice :p

whitepearl3.5RL
10-29-04, 10:38 AM
i just want a little more power off the line...i think taking the cat out would help too...but i gotta pass air care here... do you have juice? do you have any pics of your car... i never see 96's... i am in bc and have seen 2 in the past year...lol and both times they were stock with old ppl drivin em... I think i may be ruining acura's image...lol

awal
11-02-04, 03:00 AM
I dont have any spray, got lots of miles on my car and a little worryed about blowin my c35a1 if you know what i mean, and sorry dont got any pics online, but good luck.

3g Legend
11-06-04, 07:25 AM
You should be able to get a decent power gain from a properly built intake. The stock intake box doesnt have a nice velocity stack after the filter. Obviously if you know fluid mechanics here, there is room for improvement.

as for removing or replacing the cat, I bet there can be significant gains. The stock cat is super long so I am sure there has to be a good amount of power loss there.

bmw m3 s50
11-20-04, 07:11 PM
There really is not anything that you can do to an RL for performance I was going to buy one but when I found this out, it turned me off about buying the car. I love to mod my cars and if I can't mod I won't buy.

whitepearl3.5RL
11-22-04, 11:28 AM
One of the only things I have done is to replace the air filter with a K&N open air...which did slightly improve performance...but mostly just gave her a deeper voice... I know that removing the CAT would make a HUGE difference...being that the CAT itself is HUGE.... but unfortunately for me..I have to keep her legal...BC sucks for that...lol I still think the car preforms amazingly with no mods...although...a little juice would definately make her go... but i just don't race her enough to make it worth it... even though some ppl would love it...lol
PS
the new 1.7EL...feels like a colt on 3 cylinders...lmao
Laurel

Hotstartup
12-06-04, 04:55 AM
but i just don't race her enough to make it worth it... even though some ppl would love it...lol
Laurel

:werd: :D

whitepearl3.5RL
12-06-04, 11:42 AM
lol... you know you want it bad :giggle:

slickoneuk
01-24-05, 05:29 AM
Hi. Were those lights an easy replacement?

whitepearl3.5RL
01-24-05, 12:19 PM
they are the stock lights.... i haven't touched them.... the whole car is pretty much stock... except for the rims and an open air filter... if you wanna see nice lights check out hotstartups ride... HIDS ... very nice ;)